PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone advise me?

Blackstar
09-05-08, 11:04
Hello everyone.

This week has been pretty rubbish :weep: I've been feeling so tired lately - really, really tired all the time, and have been going round in circles thinking it's MS/cancer/anaemia/autoimmune disease etc... I also have muscle twitches and weird 'head zap' things, which are horrid.

I've been to see the GP, and he's testing me for thyroid function (I take thyroxine) and anaemia, and I'm hoping they come back okay. But the thing is, once you have had one autoimmune disease (my thyroid disease was such), you're at increased risk of developing another. So my question is, should I contact my consultant (who's very nice) to ask about the possibility of another autoimmune disease?

At the moment I'm convincing myself I have Addison's Disease, cos my elbows are brown and I'm tired all the time. It's making me really anxious :unsure:

Or, should I just wait for the blood results and then tackle the problem if they don't show anything?

Help!! :wacko:

Thanks everyone...

Anna. x

marie1974
09-05-08, 11:28
hi anna, first of all wait for the blood test results i had full blood tetst few months back as i was panicking cos i was tired run down etc but all came back fine so i knew it was just my anxiety but my advice is keep busy dont give yourself to much thinking time as you start over thinking and it brings on panic, do anything housework, a puzzle, emails, gardening etc i brisk walk every day and been doing so for quite a while and my anxiety had halfed now since doing this it helps me feel motivated, happier, more energy and i lost a stone too xxxxxxx