PDA

View Full Version : birmingham meet up

kellie
09-05-08, 12:35
hiya all could anyone do a birmingham meet up?
there are some lovely pub places to eat here. would love to here from anyone who is interested.

thanks

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
10-05-08, 23:05
Hi kellie,
I kellie I could do a Birmingham meet up.
Ive got friends that live in Four Oakes who we visit regularly.

Take care
LYNN xx

Carla08
11-05-08, 01:47
Hi kellie
I could do a Birmingham meet up. It may be really difficult for me but I am willing to try and really give it a go. I am sure it would be fun and it would be good to meet everyone.
Carla xxxxxxxxxx

Mystical
11-05-08, 02:18
Depending on the date and month B'ham be fine with me; I only got JUne 11th hospital app't to look forward to and that ain't weekend when I expect you gonna arrange meet for.

Keep me in the loop (and remember Rob - greenday) ain't that far from B'ham.

kate
11-05-08, 08:08
Lynn,

I'm in Four Oaks too! Small world eh!

I'd be interested in a Brum meet but I never go into town itself as it's too scary :blush: Where were you thinking of meeting? Four Oaks sounds a good place to me :D:D:D:D

kellie
11-05-08, 12:47
hiya kate i was thinking of a nice eating pub in the birmingham area. not the town center if thats to busy for ppl. maybe we could all have a carvary there are several that i know of.
plum of feathers in shirley
cotteridge village inn kings norton
the white swan in hollywood/wythall.
all very nice places with garden areas for the good weather.
thanks

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kate
11-05-08, 15:28
I wont commit until I know where it is! :blush::D

Kate

leisa
11-05-08, 15:30
i would really love 2 come 2 this meet up im in great barr but can will make anywhere in bham,lovely garden centres or pubs with gardens over sutton coldfield way,let me know when or where or il keep chekin thanx take care all leisax

kellie
11-05-08, 16:42
hiya all. im feeling a little unsure here as a few ppl have suggested sutton colefeild for the meet. i dont know that area at all and as i dont drive and dont do to well travelling on buses for a long distance im not sure i could go that far. if hubbie will be avalible to go with me then i can do s/c. i was thinking of june 22 or 29 they are both on a sunday. get bac and lt me know if thats ok plz.
and if hubbie wont be comeing can yous manage to get to birmingham?
thanks

kellie.xxxxxxxx

kate
11-05-08, 17:08
That's the only trouble, Birmingham covers a huge area.

I don't know anywhere the other side of town, I never go over there.

Maybe a South and a seperate North Birmingham meet up for those that find travelling difficult?

Kate

kellie
14-05-08, 09:13
hiya kate. dont think it would be a good idea to divide it as i think the more the merrier. hubbie is willing to come with me, so as i dont know s/c or fouroaks way i'll leave this one for you to arrange. just let me know the place and date and i look forward to meeting you and everyone else.
love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxx

kate
14-05-08, 16:31
Kellie, it's ok, I never wanted to organise a meet up, just said I would come to one if I was able.

I'm not going to try to persuade anyone to travel to this side of town, that wouldn't be at all fair just to make it easier for me.

It was your idea so I would hate for your own plans and ideas for a meet up to be taken off you! So, go ahead with your own ideas for venues, if I can't make it it really doesn't matter! :D

Kate

leisa
15-05-08, 21:33
both dates r ok 4 me,i only said sutton cause i sort of know it but would b willing 2 travell{i think} i drive so im happy 2 take a couple of people im in great barr,please let this bham meet up go ahead,im so focused on making it this time,

kellie
16-05-08, 12:58
hiya everyone. im still hopeing this meet up goes ahead and im just waiting for ppl to get back in touch with me about the dates an if they are ok.

kate when the date and place is settled ill let you know as i hope you could still make it. it would be nice to meet you so plz see how things go and if you can make it .

leisa hun s/c would be fine hun i can travell to there. do you know of some nice eating places that we could come to? if so let me know about them ok, thanks.
take care all.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

leisa
17-05-08, 10:59
kellie,ive just left message 4 kate,ive suggested "the park" actually in sutton colfield park,its a carvery which suits me as i wont eat a great deal if im panicy,so if a big meals put in front off me it adds 2 my anxiety(crazy i no) so at least with a carvery people can suit themselves,plus its really open there so i wont feel 2 trapped if i need 2 get out (crazy i no),n if weather good we could do park,u can park easily im pretty sure,other than that i know a few garden centres which r nice,but park offers more 2 make the day of it if people like n the weather nice? but its gotta suit others so let me know,i can find out addresses if any1 wants me 2,thanx all n so looking 4ward 2 my 1st meet upxleisax

kellie
17-05-08, 12:08
leisa has suggested sutton park and that sounds great to me. so can we all say june 29th at sutton park to have a nice meal and a chat.
ill just find out if we need to book table for the day and let you all know. if anyone else would like to join in you are all still welcome just let me know with in the next two wks. or if any of you want to back out please let me know about that as well.
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxx

kate
17-05-08, 19:03
Kellie, sounds good to me! How many are going?

Kate

kellie
18-05-08, 14:22
hiya kate. so far there are 8 of us going, there is still time for other members to attend if they want to as well. theres not a lot so far but thats ok it will still be nice to meet you all and have a nice day out.
see you soon hopefully
take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

domino
18-05-08, 21:15
Hello, another meet up, how wonderful, missed the last one in notts, due to house veiwings. Would like to come to this one though. 29th of june you say, i,m sure i,m free. Time and where this place is to eat is all i need , and i look forward to seeing you all there. x

kellie
19-05-08, 08:25
welcome aboard domino its lovely to have you. the place is sutton colfield park there is an eating pub in the park call the park. i will let you know the time in a few wks but im hopeing it will be for about 12.30pm if everyone else is fine with that.
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

leisa
11-06-08, 18:50
hi all sorry i havnt been in touch internet been down at home anyway ive checked about parking & its free,the pub i thought was nice is the "toby inn" at the bottom gate of sutton park which im sure is called banners gate but i can 4ward my mobile number if any1 is unsure when they get there?u dont have 2 book 4 meal so who ever comes its no problem 2 get them seated,so let me know if its still all on & look 4ward 2 meeting u all:hugs:

Mystical
12-06-08, 00:08
:ohmy: Not heard from kellie for weeks so thought the B'ham meet was a no-go...

Am I right that it's Sunday 29th cos that is my birthday and I may have to forego this one for reason that friends are arranging a ( supposed to be secret) treat for me. :shades:

kellie
12-06-08, 10:26
Hiya leisa, im hopeing it is still going ahead hun. thanks for doing the checking, so shall we say 29th at the toby inn at sutton park, is 12.30 ok for the time to meet. can anyone who is still comeing plz get back to me about this.

thanks

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

leisa
13-06-08, 17:10
hi kellie,thats ok 4 me (time) so we need 2 get a rough idea whos coming?so will check on here in couple of days,then take it from there,

Mystical
13-06-08, 19:47
sadly the birthday treat has been cancelled but I still hav to regret due ot the fact that there has been a sudden death in the family and travel arrrangements have to be made to be there for the Monday funeral which means travelling on the Friday - sorry kellie and others.

Sadly and mystically yours.... Please pray for my neice Larisa 14 yrs who has lost a wonderful father in his early 30's - thanks people.

Cathy V
13-06-08, 20:30
Oh thats so sad, im so sorry to hear about your loss.

Please take care
Cathy xxxxx

kellie
13-06-08, 22:58
Awwwww mystical im so sorry about that,please accept my sympathy at this sad time, i will pray for your neice may got bless her and the rest of your family. maybe you can come to the next meet.
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CarmR
15-06-08, 20:35
Hi Everyone,

I have just came back from being away for 3 weeks and just noticed this post...i would like to come if its not too late?.

Thanks
Carmel:)

Mystical
16-06-08, 00:24
Strange how things change - there just might be a chance that I can make it to the Sutton meet - so could someone send me details of how to get there from the M1 at Leics Forest East plz or would the M42 be an easier route?

kellie
16-06-08, 09:29
hiya mystical, im so glad you can make it. if you go on the internet and put in aa route finder it will show you the best way to go
see ya soon
take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
16-06-08, 21:58
Hi, that sounds great to me.
Me and me hubby could kill 2 birds with one stone. Go the meetup and then visit our friends in Four Oakes.
Il get me hubby check to see if hes not working that day and then get back to you on Wednesday. If hes working im sure hel try to get a swap.

kellie
17-06-08, 14:29
Thats great lynn im so glad you can make it,
see you soon

take care
kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

domino
18-06-08, 14:49
Hi kellie, left you a p.m. Back from hols now thats why i,ve just had your p.m. still will be coming , see you all there, looking forward to this very much , take care all xx

domino
19-06-08, 16:51
Oh, and ben my hubby will be joining me , well i need a driver lol xx:biggrin:

leisa
27-06-08, 17:32
sorry ive been offline again laptop had 2 b repaired so is it all still on 4 sutton i really wanna come,dont think weather gonna be up 2 much so we"l have 2 sit in pub all day lol,theres a few different entrances 2 sutton park i checked the very bottom,but i think it would b a good idea if we had a mobile number just incase theres any confusion,wouldnt like people 2 make effort 2 go n then leave cause they cant find any1?,i dont mind leaving mine but will log on 2morrow 2 check details of meet up,so look 4ward 2 meeting u allxxxleisax

kellie
27-06-08, 20:33
Im deffo still up for this meet. only ive pm everyone and only heard back form leisa, domino and granny primark. carmR. could anyone who is still comeing plz plz send me a pm about this
thanks guys

kellie.xxxxxxxxx