PDA

View Full Version : My stomach again:-(

Lissy43
09-05-08, 12:46
Since last year I have been having tummy trouble, I have always suffered with wind at times but this is different. I saw my GP who said it was probably excessive wind and once a GP when I was in my teens suggested IBS but I was never tested or given medication.

This year has been terrible for it, I get about 2 days a month sometimes more often where I get the symptoms but this is the first time since early april when I last had it.

Last night I had my tea, just a salad, tuna & jacket potatoe and I went to bed. I woke up at 2.30am with my stomach really bubbling very very low down almost in my knicker areahttp://www.baby-greenhouse.co.uk/smilies/wink.gif and I felt like I needed to trump for britain, lol! tmihttp://www.baby-greenhouse.co.uk/smilies/wink.gif The middle of my stomach felt ok but then higher up in the abdomen just under my chest right in the middle felt all bubbly too and I felt like I wanted to keep burping, yuk!

I feel exactly the same todayhttp://www.baby-greenhouse.co.uk/smilies/sad.gif I went to the loo this morning, tmi but it wasn't the runs but it wasn't normal either iyswim, which I always get when this wind flares up.

I just feel so sickly, my stomach is bubbling away and I can't face eating. I hate it when I get this, it takes a day or so to ease.

Does this sound like ibs? does anyone else suffer like this?

I am seeing my GP for a follow up about my skin in 2 weeks so I am going to have a chat with him about it and try and get a proper diagnosis, I am sick of this flaring up. I am just drinking water and taking gaviscon.

I was worrying I had gallstones last time it flared up but the discomfort isn't on the right side and its not pain really its just so much wind I could burst:D :winks:

Catwoman
09-05-08, 13:37
I have been like this recently and I am seeing my doctor next week about this too. I have also had an upset stomach with it, and feeling a bit sick.
Have you changed meds recently? I came off Effexxor and went onto Prozac? My doc said 'Oh its OK just stop Effexxor and start Prozac' yeah ok and I had such a bad belly, then I looked on the net and it said you should taper them off. But its too late now... so maybe thats why I am like this.
Though lots of people have said (I did an earlier post) that stress really upsets the stomach bad.
I have had a bad situation recently with a close famiy member which has upset me terribly, since then I have felt sick too and had the tummy problems.
But also what makes it worse is when you have stomach problems it makes your mental problems worse doesn't it? I worry about getting upset stomach whilst I am out etc...
It's not good is it? Let me know what the doctor says OK, but you are not alone in this trust me! :bighug1:

Lissy43
09-05-08, 14:25
Thanks,

I am not on any medication.

I will let you know what the GP says. I have had a very stressful week which makes my anxiety flare up and when my stomach does this I do get anxious. Its not nice is it.

Thanks again.

marie1974
09-05-08, 14:41
hi there cant give much advice on this but just wondered if it could be irratible bowel syndrome i know that can be painful, hope you feel better soon hugs xxxx

Lilith1980
09-05-08, 14:51
Hi Cherry

I got "diagnosed" with IBS about a month ago, I already have gluten intolerance and the symptoms are much the same. My GP said they cannot do tests as such, its more a case of looking at what you eat and seeing if there is a pattern.

In my case dairy was the culprit and I have cut this out and am fine now.
I had the same symptoms though - wind beyond belief and the burping too!

Definitely talk to your GP but why not keep a food diary of everything you eat in the meantime and see whether any foods in particular affect you?

Jo xxxxx

Lissy43
09-05-08, 21:23
Thank you both very much.

So Jo did you get the exact symptoms I jhave described? its like today my stomach has been trying to trick me, its bubbling but also growling for food but all day ive not eaten.

My hubby is now just making me some oven chips but I have told him not to add cheese;-) Not a healthy meal but I don't feel like anything.

Yesterday all I ate was some marmalade on kingmill toast then at lunch I bought a new loaf which was a wholemeal one with seeds (not had this before) with some spicy edam now I can eat curries all the time and they don't affect my tum really. I was fine afterwards then had the tuna, salad & potato for tea with a glass of white wine and went to bed an hour or so later. I then woke in the early hours with a stomach like a witches couldren which once I get it it doesn't ease for about 24 hours or so, does it last this long with you? and does it make you need the loo? sorry tmi.

I am keeping a food diary now and I will take it along to my GP in 2 weeks to see what he thinks.

Thanks so much, your reply has been very helpful.

Lilith1980
09-05-08, 23:48
Well I tended to feel quite bloated when I had eaten something with dairy in it.

It really started when I woke up one morning and felt really sick - the night before I'd had a glass of Baileys which contains cream so that must have been what did it :wacko:

My stomach was hard like a football and would make loud noises too, I'd have terrible wind, and get stomach cramps as well.

Best thing to do if you notice a pattern is to only cut out one food group at a time. Otherwise if you cut out more than one you dont really know what the cause is.

The thing is, because I have gluten intolerance, I have had similar symptoms before so I kind of had an incling that it was food that was the cause. My symptoms died down until a few days later when I had cereal with milk, and my tummy flared up again.

I think the food diary would be a good idea - let us know how you get on hun :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

Lissy43
10-05-08, 07:21
Thanks Jo,

My stomach is still bubbling this morning but I think the fact that I haven't eaten in 2 days isn't helping.

I shall try cutting out bread for a while first.

Lissy43
10-05-08, 16:53
I just read a site for info on IBS, stupid me as I never read the internet now for advice id rather see my GP. I read that sometimes the patient should get checked incase they have colitis, which is serious. What is it?

Trust me;-)

janni
11-05-08, 15:28
IBS can be so painful. For two weeks I was in total agony. From Enema to Buscopan I had to take all the meds that the Gp prescribed. If you are in pain dont suffer it go to your GP when your tummy acts up. I couldn't believe that IBS could be so bad but it certainly can be. My doc also says that anxiety meddles with our digestive system first. Eat well and healthy. Drink plenty water. Cut down on caffeine. I am a smoker and that makes it so much worse too. And white bread youre right to cut that out. Switch to brown, it really helps. Gregs does a lovely loaf. Take care.

petmad
11-05-08, 20:18
Hi
I have had IBS on/off for years now and last week I had a really bad do of it and I went to docs, my stomach hurt low down and I kept trumping which is unlike me, I;d go to bed and it would be gurgling away and I wasn't hungry.

Its a horrible feeling as nothing seems to sort it I have Fybogel mebeverine and that helps a little but not much. I was wondering if the hot weather triggered it and I wasn't drinking enough.

Or I was just doing my usual worrying about anything and everything, so brought it on.
Just another stress thing really, its IBS or heart beat probs for me!

take care x