PDA

View Full Version : lifes in tatters

fretty freda
09-05-08, 13:33
hi my friends i am back to mither you and ask for your always much needed and appriciated advice.

what am i going to do ive not worked for 9 weeks and becoming afraid (panic at the thought)of ever finding a new job again i just have no motavation what so ever i am on my own in the day every day i can only cope with social situations at night even then i sometomes need a drink to calm my nerves

what will happen to my brain if i continue to be alone every day will it slow down ? also i sleep for many hours and i am permently tired in the day but i am like a different person at night !

any tips people ? xxxx

marie1974
09-05-08, 14:13
hiya its easy to get stuck in a rut and feel awful but take little steps i was the same now i brisk walk every day for hour and at first i was tired but now i have much more energy motivation im happier and it cut my anxietys by half, i also lost a stone. but try get up and stick to a routine and keep busy whether its in doors or out and exercise can cure depression and anxiety so i think its a great idea, i hope you feel better soon xxx

nanny
09-05-08, 15:23
I know exactly how you feel, i haven't work for over 18 months, i want to get back into work but if lucky enough to get interview i go into panic mode, like you i haven't any motivation.

Nothing to say that will help, just please try not to get this bad that you feel you'll never go back to work:hugs:

josephine
09-05-08, 18:47
I havent worked for 12 years. Quit work when i had my son and stayed at home to look after him. I loved it. He was my world. Still is. But now he is at secondary school and i feel redundant. I need a job but am terrified. Plus i dont seem to be qualified to do anything. Cant stay at home forever though. I doesnt do you good to stay at home so long like me, i have no confidence and have lost my way.

I too cannot deal with social situations and find a drink or a propranolol helps.

I havent any tips really, just try not to get too low and despondant. I have good days and bad days. You have only been out of work for 9 weeks.Try not to think this is how it will always be, im sure you will feel more motivated soon. Keep active and get outside as much as possible. I wish i did this more!

Good luck
Love Josephine.x

fretty freda
09-05-08, 22:13
anyone been were ive been and come through it ?

fretty freda
12-05-08, 22:06
any one give me advice of how to get into a daily routine x

ConfusedByLife
12-05-08, 23:20
I was out of work for 3 months fretta, and like you I got very depressed and unmotivated. my social anxiety seemed to get worse becasue i was sitting in the house all day thinking negative thoughts. Now i've been in a new job for about a year. I felt anxious at 1st but after even the 1st day I felt so much better and confident in myself and enjoy what i do, so it can be done. I wouldnt like to be out of work for too long again becasue I know how it zaps ur confidence but u have done it before and will again, it all comes back to you! Just try and keep on the lookout for work and go to the interviews. they're really not ever as bad as you think they are and know that everyone gets very nervous at interviews and most employers understand. good luck and don't lose heart!

fretty freda
14-05-08, 14:43
thanks alot for your advice any tips on what i can be doing all day whilst looking for suitable work so i dont loose heartx

kellie
14-05-08, 17:46
keep youself busy hun by going for walks join a gym, find a hobbie to do that will ocupy you. exercise and distraction is also very good for your anxiety and will make you feel a lot better. stick to a routine about getting up and bed time. and eating imes is possible. give your day lots of structure. i wish you all the best with ur job hunting
love and happiness
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

fretty freda
15-05-08, 19:34
thanks kellie i go the gym but i need more activities to do but do u think its right what they say keeping busy helps u feel betta ? xx