PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone relate..advice???

phil38
09-05-08, 17:19
...my anxiety/panic is seriously out of control...i have tried xanax but although it stops me feeling sick it causes no end of other crazy effects that are imo worse than before!

..my main problem is feeling sick...at home its quite minor can eat etc,as soon as i go out it gradually gets worse,if i say go into a shop unless i can go straight to the check out the feeling of sick gets so great i have to leave,and i mean intense i will be sick if i didnt run....now i have had all therapy behaviour therapy (years ago) being the worse as they just said face your fears and it gets better...now for me this doesnt work...at the moment i cant even go sit in a doctors waiting room...its got far worse...i tried to go on holiday in my camper with my other half...i got 200miles then came the intense feeling of being sick,stomach all over the shop,couldnt move...now this was sheer panic as i wanted to get home but was 4 hours away,so i had to stop/start drive home..took 8 of the worst hours in my life,it never cleared until i go home and had a couple of drinks.

..what is my condition????am i agraphobic?...i dont see how they are panic attacks because i get those but they cause me breathlessness,racing heart etc plus dont stay for longer than about 20 minutes before subsiding...i have feared being sick all my life and after 18 years of normal panic attacks still feeling mildly sick,but not intensely,i actually had food poisoning...3 months later this happens...i assume its just a new symptom...is it acid indigestion because of the fear????

thevoicewithinme
09-05-08, 19:52
Hi,

I dont get the sick feeling with my panic, but I do get that intense fear of wanting to get home as soon as possible.

I cannot answer your question as to whether you agoraphobic, but I am. I am fine indoors, and can go places so long as I have someone with me,but my agoraphobia is travel related.

I hope someone can come along soon and put your mind at ease.

Kaz