PDA

View Full Version : Got a bit lost!

Cathy V
10-05-08, 08:46
Hi admins, sorry i know this sounds daft but i really can't see anything on any of the pages on the forum to make a new thread, so i can ask a question:blush: Ive looked at the help section from the menu and it says that i should click onto the new thread button at the top and bottom of the page, but its not there. Also if i'm constantly having to log myself in! is this normal?

Thanks
Cathy xx

chalky
10-05-08, 11:43
Hi Cathy,

Go to the main Forum page.
Highlight any of the individual Forums eg Announcements,and that Forum will open.
There will be a blue box at the top of the page that says "New Thread". Click on it and start your Thread.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
10-05-08, 14:52
Have you clicked on the "remember me" box when logging in as well?

Cathy V
10-05-08, 22:26
Thanks guys, think ive got it now with the new threads, but still having probs with having to log on all the time, and yep im always clicking the 'remember me' box too:wacko: but thats ok, as lonf as i can access the forum its a small price to pay:)

Regards
Cathy xx

nomorepanic
10-05-08, 23:12
Are you on AOL?

Cathy V
11-05-08, 00:01
No, not AOL, its a german provider called osnatel. Not sure if its because of them or not. Nic, ive been thinking more and more that maybe nmp is not for me. I don't think i can relate to many of the members and the dramas. I'm also a bit too old (54) for the 'babes' and the 'huns' and the 'cliques' and the never-ending :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: and:bighug: etc. sorry but its just too loud and emotional for me! I just want to quietly ask for advice, and quietly give it if needed, and quietly deal with the anxiety. There has also been so many probs with members since i joined. So all in all its prob better if i look for another site. But i do thank you so much for at least trying to help me with my anxiets.

Best wishes
Cathy xx

chalky
11-05-08, 00:45
Hi Cathy,

I'm in my 40's,a grandparent and also a member of the Forum.
Quiet advice is readliy available here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Carla08
11-05-08, 01:04
Hello Cathy
I hope you dont leave. Maybe there are a lot off hugs off other members cos they are showing their genuine concern and want to make you feel better and I know for me its really nice when people send them. I dont think there are that many 'Huns' and 'Babes' and cliqueness for this site and I do know what you mean when you mention about that. Its a great site I have found and it I think it caters for all types of people of all ages whether they prefer the chat room side of things or the quieter side. I think people express themselves more with the emoticons etc cos obviously we cant give real hugs with it being online. I have found that the people on here are so lovely and being honest I was wary about the site to begin with. Everyone is so helpful and supportive and makes you feel welcome. I hope you change your mind and stay.
Carla

Pickle
11-05-08, 09:33
HI Cathy, I'm another 44 yr old, not a grandparent (yet) but the auntie of a lively 4 yr old niece. I'm one of the 'quiet' ones who isnt, sorry, wasn't very confident about posting advice etc but since I've been here I can feel my confidence growing. I do use the smileys, but only when I'm replying to humorous threads, when the problem is serious, I try to focus on my reply.

Please give the site a little longer, there are a lot of lovely people here and regardless of the sentiments used, everyone is in the same boat and always there for one another.

Take care

dastor
07-08-11, 08:53
It is very easy to be lost on this site. It is not user friendly, but complex, and written for a select few special types of individuals. The vast majority of people who need no more panic are very much ignored here. This is a place where one can become neurotic from the directions.

Might you not "talk shop" and abbreviate so much and write things so we "common but educated folk" might know what on earth you are about about?" Your use of these initials is silly.

David
dastor@mac.com

diane07
07-08-11, 09:25
David,

If you have a problem understanding the forum then you can always ask and one of us will help you out, the original poster of this thread wrote this when we were on nmp's old forum.

This is a completely new and different forum layout from way back then.

diane

mikewales
07-08-11, 10:41
David, which initials are you referring to ?

The forum works pretty much the same as any other web forum, there are links to post a new thread at the top of each forum.

Also, the site is basically written by the members, the threads are mostly all started and answered by members of the site, just normal people like the rest of us

suzy-sue
07-08-11, 12:43
When I joined this site .I had never used a forum before and was only basically computer literate .Ive never found it difficult to understand ,but it did get easier after a few days .As for people not getting help ..this is completely untrue .Sometimes the odd thread doent get answered but that is True with every forum .Many member here give a lot of their free time to helping others on this site ,AND TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST .your remarks are offensive .Your attitude also could do with some work ,along with your computer literacy ..Patience is after all a virtue . Sue

JT69
07-08-11, 18:32
It is very easy to be lost on this site. It is not user friendly, but complex, and written for a select few special types of individuals. The vast majority of people who need no more panic are very much ignored here. This is a place where one can become neurotic from the directions.

Might you not "talk shop" and abbreviate so much and write things so we "common but educated folk" might know what on earth you are about about?" Your use of these initials is silly.

David
dastor@mac.com

I totally disagree with you...this site helped me out of a vey dark place when I was ill...I found the people on here very helpful and friendly and to be totally honest dont know what I would of done without it!!! The information people give you is first hand and you cannot even get that from your GP as they do not always totally understand what we go through!!!

I for one try to drop in every day to help others who may need it and if I know how much that meant to me when I needed it!!!

Think you must be looking at the wrong site!!!

Jo.