PDA

View Full Version : New to No More panic

lostsoul
10-05-08, 16:11
Hi all

My Names Dave and I've been suffering from Generalised anxiety disorder for four months now. It just came on out of the blue, panick attacks and such like. I've been signed off work for four months as I cant face leaving going back for fear of another panick attack. I'm 28 years old and have had no mental problems untill this happened and I'm at the end of my tether now.

I've been reading through some of the posts before I joined and its comforting to know that there are other people who are going through what I am. Somedays it seems like there will not be an end to the suffering. I've bought some self help books on CBT and they have helped a little. Although I still find it hard to face each day.

But hey ho I'm still alive - I've leant that much you wont die from a panic attack of anxiety symptoms no matter how bad they are. :yesyes:

hazey-babe
10-05-08, 16:16
Hi Dave,

Welcome to NMP. I'm sure you will find it really helpful here as I have done. You are starting to get better already by saying you know you won't die from a panic attack.Well Done!!!!!!!

Love Hazel xoxoxox:bighug1: :bighug1:

Lilith1980
10-05-08, 16:19
Hi Dave

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

roses
11-05-08, 09:37
Hi Dave,

Welcome to nmp, hope you find it as helpful as I do.

xxx

Pickle
11-05-08, 09:40
Hellooooooooooo and :welcome: to NMP

It's a great site with great people and there is always someone around to talk or just listen.

Click on the links on the left and you will find loads of information that can help you.

Take care and hope to see you around

chalky
11-05-08, 11:32
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Trixie
11-05-08, 18:29
I'm new too. It does seem a good site doesn't it? Full of friendly, helpful people.:D

Joe1981
11-05-08, 18:51
:welcome: to the site! :yesyes:

lostsoul
11-05-08, 20:05
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - this really is an excellent site and has gone a long way to making me feel alot better already.

Although I did have a slight panick today whilst queing for petrol in tescos :weep: took me a couple of hours to calm down. - dont you just hate it when you go to the pump and theres no petrol in it but no sign to say so so your standing there looking stupid the cars are building up behind you and theres nowhere to go - it happened three times at three different pumps to me today!!!

Take care all

Lindalou64
12-05-08, 13:11
Hello Dave And Welcome.....i Wish Ya Well.......linda

julieb
12-05-08, 18:21
hello and welcome