PDA

View Full Version : Sanity at last!

Dolly
05-04-05, 21:54
[}:)]

Hi everyone

This is my first time to this site & what I have seen so far is great. I have suffered depression, anxiety & panic attacks on & off for the last ten years.

Just realising that I am not alone with it all is reassuring, I had started to think that I was going mad. Reading about panic attacks made me smile to myself with relief that I wasn't alone in thinking "Argghhhh I'm going to faint, have a heart attack, die etc etc etc"

I know there is no "miracle" cure out there however I believe just having the reassurance & support of others & sites like this goes a long way in helping you on that path to recovery.

For the first time in ages I feel positive, thank you

seh1980
05-04-05, 21:56
Welcome Dolly!! :)

Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure we'll be able to offer you some good advice. :D

carlin
05-04-05, 22:04
Hi there Dolly,
welcome, you will find lots of kind people here, with lots of good advice, it is so reassuring to know that we are not alone, keep in touch and do read all the information on offer, i know it has helped me enormously. As you say, there is no miracle cure, but with good advice and lots of will and patience it can be 'beaten' if that's the right word take care.

Meg
05-04-05, 22:15
Hi Dolly

Welcome !

Hope you find posts and hreads that are relevent to your situation. If you're looking for somethjing specific -do post and ask

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
05-04-05, 22:17
Hi Dolly

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Dolly
05-04-05, 22:20
Thank you, I will definately be a regular to this site. I found the information helpfull & real, it will also help me to explain to friends / family about how I feel sometimes.

Take care

bubbles
05-04-05, 22:28
Dolly,

Welcome to the site.
It's good to know one isn't alone. You'll get lots of friendly support here.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Jan
05-04-05, 22:52
Hi Dolly

As everyone has said welcome to the site. It is truly a blessing in disguise and I am finding the help and support great. There are so many people on here that truly know how you feel and care about you.

Take care and keep positive

Janine

della
05-04-05, 22:53
welcome dolly

glad you found this site you will find it a great source of support and information, and everyone is here to encourage and help if needed.

take care:D

henri
05-04-05, 23:08
hi dolly,
isn't it a relief to discover you are not the only one?!?
am so glad you found this site,
take care,
henri x

zena
06-04-05, 09:29
Hi Dolly,

Welcome to the site.
No your not going mad, as Henri says it's a relief when you know other people are having the same problem.

You will get wonderful people on the site willing to help with advise and support.
I only wished it was around sometime ago.
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

tracyp584
06-04-05, 10:08
Hey Dolly,

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of support and advice here!

tracy x x

bluesparkle
06-04-05, 11:44
hello dolly! :)
this site is great isnt it... it has helped me understand what is going on ... i thought i was going mad...
lots of useful information and everyone is really friendly...
there are many people who can relate to what you are feeling/going through
its very reasureing to know we are not on our own...
rach

kairen
06-04-05, 16:48
hi dolly

Welcome to the site,
I know when i found this site

i could not believe that people had the same probs as me,

could not believe people had the same thoughts as me

and most af all that at last i felt understood,

you can say anythind on here and there will always be sum 1 who understands what you mean,,

good luck and welcome

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kairen x

nomorepanic
06-04-05, 17:43
Hi Dolly

Welcome aboard. I hope we can offer some support and advice to you on here so please ask any questions you want to and someone will always answer.

Good to see you here.

Nicola

Roma
07-04-05, 10:19
I've only been here a few days but I've already found tremendous support.

It's a wonderful feeling to be able to talk to people who fully understand.

Good luck and welcome.

Roma

maxine
07-04-05, 16:49
Hiya Dolly
Welcome to the site:D

Take care

Maxine