PDA

View Full Version : This place

phil38
12-05-08, 21:35
...no good whatsoever (i expect to be banned/deleted)

I have posted my anquish to nothing..i thought we all shared a "condition"??

No help to me here yet many many users...maybe its because you are not really ill like some..ie the people who cannot work or are disabled via the mind.

Drugs work for people who arnt actually really ill,therapy works for people that arnt really ill.....what about people like ME?..Nothing works,i live my life as a terminally ill person everyday of my life except i wont die....you want tortune?..Spend 1 day in my shoes.

nomorepanic
12-05-08, 21:41
Phil - I think quite a lot of people will disagree with your initial statement but you are entitled to an opinion and I am not banning you because of that.

I looked at your previous posts and you did receive replies.

A lot of us have been where you are now and there is light at the end of the tunnel - please believe in that.

Have a read of this it may help....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6252

phil38
12-05-08, 21:50
Nicola...many thanks for the recognition...but i am not sure many have been where i am...18 years of torture with nothing working,please forgive my negativity....if i wernt so afraid i would kill myself.

nomorepanic
12-05-08, 22:08
Phil

It is such a debilitating illness and can be so overwhelming can't it?

Have you read the "First Steps" website page at all and start back at basics like diet, exercise, herbal remedies, relaxation and the such like.

Recovery is possible but you do need to do one small thing at a time or it becomes overwhelming. As long as you are doing small steps and don't see the big picture straight away then you can make progress.

The best thing that helps me is breathing and getting that under control.

Exercise is fantastic for the adrenalin rushes and I don't mean going to the gym - even running up and down the stairs works.

Are you getting any help from your GP at all?

eeyorelover
12-05-08, 22:18
It is so hard when you feel you have no one who understands but believe me people here DO understand what you are going thru.
Personally I have been dealing with anxiety/panic for 17 years. It can definitely feel like torture and not all treatments work for everyone. We are all individuals so even tho we are going thru the same illness what works for one doesn't work for all.
Just keep fighting hun! Keep trying new things to overcome this terrible illness and DON'T GIVE UP!!!
We are all here for you to help you thru it!
NO ONE HERE IS IN THIS ALONE!!!
xxx
Sandy

darkangel
12-05-08, 22:56
Hi Phil

Ive not been on here in ages, but tonight I popped back in and your thread was the first one I read. I just wanted to say give the site a chance, there are many people who are suffering with this hell and with various treatments there is a light at the end of the tunnel. No one knows each others pains or pasts but I for one know that this debilitating illness can be overcome. Ive been living with this for 11 yrs and if someone told me back then that I would recover I would never believed them. I have been through complete hell and still live with the horrific flashbacks on a regular basis but instead of looking at what we cant do, lets look at what you CAN do.

You can turn this around, just keep believing :yesyes:

diane07
12-05-08, 23:04
phil,

don't give up on this. My anxiety and panic attacks started 19 years ago but i have years free of it i promise you it can be done. Its a difficult road and you have to keep trying different avenues, the best thing i did is study psychology as i thought there was no better place than starting with how my own mind works, there are so many books out there to teach you to retrain your thoughts.

I wish you luck and keep fighting

Di xx