PDA

View Full Version : May I Introduce Myself?

never2late
12-05-08, 23:06
I would like to take this opportunity to express a friendly, and very highly-regarded, hello to the NMP group.

I am male, 52 years old, married for 31 years, and we have 3 wonderful, grown daughters (30,28,25). Anxiety and panic attacks have been a part of my life -- on and off -- for the better part my entire life. Through the help of Dr. Claire Weeks (her books and recordings) along with an anxiety and phobia workbook, I have had success with management and coping skills . . . although I have always fallen short of achieving complete elimination.

I have visited this group often, and I must say that it is an honor to finally become a member. I hope that I can perhaps offer a few insights along the way . . . although so much has already been so comprehensively covered.

Please feel free to use this thread to say hello, and to tell a little about yourself. It will be a pleasure to get to know you.

Best Regards.

diane07
12-05-08, 23:15
never2late,

welcome to nmp, my name is di and i have 3 children 19 16 and almost 4, i have had anxiety and panic attacks for 19 years but not all the way through, spent many years without, i moved away from my family to live with my boyfriend and agoraphobia set in but i will combat it like i have done before.

as i'm sure you will be a lovely asset here you will also receive lots of help.
Its a wonderful site

best wishes
Di xx

misterbean
12-05-08, 23:31
Hello Never2late

It feels almost like a cheek welcoming you to this site. If you have visited it often, you may well be more of a veteran than me! Plus you are one year older.

I, for one, will welcome also your thoughts as they come to you wherever they come. I've not read any Claire Weeks, but, as I'm sure you are aware, her name crops up quite a lot here.

I began here with physical signs of panic but no feeling. I now have no signs of panic but lots of fear. If I had to choose, I'd have it this way around but I'll see how it develops.

Speak soon

Martin

xBettyBoopx
12-05-08, 23:54
Hello never

Welcome to nmphttp://tomography.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/welcome.jpg

Lilith1980
13-05-08, 06:54
Hi Never2late

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

jesse08
13-05-08, 07:12
Hi and welcome!! This site is great for support as you probably know. It's also great once you've signed up to be able to connect with others and get to know them through posting and threads. Have a good day.
:yesyes:

kellie
13-05-08, 15:39
hiya Never2late :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all about things.
love and happiness
take care:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

chalky
13-05-08, 17:38
Hi Never2Late,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

lorac
13-05-08, 17:38
Hi Never2late

Nice to meet you. Like you I have done alot of work with the Claire Weeks books and tapes and she has helped me to regain alot of my life but cannot quite rid myself of the anxiety completely. I have learnt to cope quite well with it but every now and then, like now, it comes back and hits really hard but I will keep trying. I am 48 and a mother to two girls 20 and 17 and a boy 7.

Hope you do find a way of successfully eliminating your anxiety coz I'm gonna try real hard to get rid of mine.

Carol
x

Wolfie
14-05-08, 00:51
Hello there, Never2late!

Welcome to NMP, it's great that you're now a member!!! :) :) :)

It's wonderful to meet you! I have heard several positive things about the work of Claire Weeks, and I'm glad that you've found her work helpful! :)

Also, we're all here to provide you with the support, tips and advice that will help you through your anxiety and panic attacks!

Take care for now, and I hope that we can speak in the chat room soon!

Wolfie xxxxx

Lindalou64
14-05-08, 01:40
hello nevertoolate and welcome......i wish ya well.......linda

never2late
14-05-08, 21:29
Thank you all so much for your welcome.

I must apologize for replying so late. I had a very small window of opportunity time-wise to post yesterday, but I could not reach the web site at that time (I kept getting a time out notice for whatever reason). I have not been able to post again until now.

Every so often I am on the road . . . sometimes several cities in one day . . . so I am looking forward to being "home" once again, which will be soon.

N2L

Cathy V
15-05-08, 20:35
Hi there never, i think the site went down for a short time so maybe thats why you had probs? Sounds like you lead an interesting life and that you have a wonderful family to support you. I hope we can all support you on nmp too.

Take care, travel safely
Cathy V :welcome:

Shone
15-05-08, 21:20
Hi there, i am new to this site and thought it might help when i get bad attacks to speak to others who suffer the same. I am 34 years old and have 3 children ( 9, 6, and 11 months). I started suffering from panic attacks 5 years ago after son was born and i lost my mother in law. I had help at the time from the GP who diagnosed panic attacks/disorder and depression and had counselling which got rid of them for a while. They returned albeit once every few months or so, but i could cope with breathing exercises and my rescue remedy. I am now having them every few days, sometimes its just the anxiety and i can stop it from developing into an attack, others i cant stop it and it goes full blown, i then lay there until i fall asleep shaking. I am upset now because previous posters have said they have suffered from them for years and years andto think i might never get rid of them makes me feel devastated. The twinges, the numbness and tingling in arms etc, i know none of it is logical but at the time, there must be a way to make them stop, has anyone tried hypnotherapy cos some people have told me to try that.
Any advice welcome. x