PDA

View Full Version : getting paranoid! sounds silly

Janieb
13-05-08, 08:36
Not 100% sure where to post but hopefully some people can relate to how I am feeling, I know it is linked to the Anxiety side of my thoughts but lately I have been getting paranoid that people don't like me.

I feel somewhat excluded at work, everybody seems to normal except for me, maybe I have become a grumpy cow because of my Anx that no one wants to talk to me anymore. I have little or no friends and I just can't get whats wrong with me. I think my boss has a personal problem with me but I just feel odd. I can't explain it any better, it's like a shoe that is on the wrong foot. But then where do I belong?? I guess everybody at work goes out together, plays golf together even the woman except for me...I am being to pittyful today sorry to bring in a downer I should be more up beat but wanted to find out how many other Anx sufferes felt a similar thing?

Have a good day now!

Janie

Patty
13-05-08, 11:39
Hi Janieb,

I can really relate to what you're saying. I have found that anxiety has really knocked my self-confidence & self-esteem. I have always been a shy person and there have been times that I have felt 'left out' of things - like you have described. It makes you feel that other people can't relate to you. I think I stay in the background because of a fear of rejection by others. For example - I'd be afraid to suggest going to something in case who I was asking said 'no'. I think it's a mix of anxiety & fear - and it can feel lonely. That's why I am so glad that I have found this site - where others can really understand how you're feeling.
Hope you're having a nice day today and thanks for the post.:)

'You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things you think you cannot do.' (Eleanor Roosevelt).

chalky
13-05-08, 17:27
Hi Janie,

Low self-esteem and a lack of self-confidence are very,very common amongst Anxiety sufferers.
Tiny acorns grow into great oak trees.
Try to build on what you do have in common with your colleagues.This will help you interact with them in a more positive way.
You can do this.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky