PDA

View Full Version : Hello

anxioussimon
13-05-08, 17:42
hi my name is simon and i come across this site by doing a search in google.com

i read loads on here already and thought i had better say hello

my name is simon and i have been suffering with anxiety for a year now my gp is useless and just wants to drug me up all the time

so i am so happy i come across this place as it seems i am not alone

popsy
13-05-08, 17:58
Hi Simon.
You soooo arent alone, we are all in the same boat!
You'll find alot of support and advice here, its a great place.
Keep logging on and "welcome".

brogzee
13-05-08, 18:36
Hi Simon

Welcome. I've just recently registered and from the replies I've had to my introduction, everyone on here is very friendly. I've suffered from anxiety all my life. I've been bullied throughout my life life both at school and in every job I've had, because of my quiet nature and my anxiety. I'm the proverbial "boo to a goose."

I agree, from my own experience of doctors, they just give drugs to you and don't warn you about the long-term side affects about taking them over several years. If some people find they work for them, then this is good. I personally found I was getting worse and therefore, luckily, stopped taking them before I became dependent on them.

I had a nervous breakdown several years ago, but since taking up regular execise in the shape of running and swimming, I found this to be far better than taking prescribed drugs.

lostsoul
13-05-08, 18:36
Hi Simon

You really are not alone - anxiety is such a difficult thing to deal with but with time and perserverance I'm sure we'll all getting better.

To be honest I dont think medication is the answer either although I am lots :yesyes: they do just make you worse in the end I think.

I've just had an anxiety management course today which was ok - it's basically like CBT teaching you to interpret situations in a different way to avaoid anxiety in the first place - something that really is easier said than done.

Stick with it you'll get loads of support from everyone here and keep on fighting.

Dave

Carla08
13-05-08, 18:49
Hi Simon
Welcome to the site.:welcome: It is really friendly here and the people are so caring, kind and helpful, and although I have only been here a short while it has made a huge difference to me. :yesyes:

chalky
13-05-08, 20:15
Hi Simon,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
13-05-08, 20:27
hi simon,

ure very welcome to nmp.

hope to chat soon

milly x

diane07
13-05-08, 21:27
Hi simon,

a big welcome to nmp

Lots of help and understanding here

Di xx

Lilith1980
13-05-08, 22:43
Hi Simon

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

eternally optimistic
13-05-08, 22:55
Hi Simon

This website will give you hope and inspiration.

You should be able to get good advice from people in the same boat.

Best of luck

J

Wolfie
14-05-08, 00:42
Hello there, Simon!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

Hey hun, the first thing I will say to you is, you are definately not alone. We're all here in the same boat, and we will provide support and advice whenever you need it, and the best thing is, that the support and advice are from people who have a lot of experience of the same things which you also suffer from - we know exactly how you feel and what you are going through - so no need to ever feel alone. :)

You say that your GP is useless. Have you considered changing your doctor? Since I've changed mine, things have improved vastly and I've been able to receive the therapies which I find useful to me, eg. counselling,CBT, etc and you may find these much more helpful than the doctor offering medication! So go for what's best for you! :)

Take for now, and I hope you talk to you in the chat room soon,

Wolfie xxxx

Lindalou64
14-05-08, 01:43
Hello Simon And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well...........linda

kellie
14-05-08, 13:02
hiya simon :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all about things.
love and happiness
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx