PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin Bs

dave2007
13-05-08, 18:27
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has or had any experience with the Vitamin B complexes as described on the nmp site: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=remedies. I bought some today as I am not very good with eating my greens :blush:
Any experience or recommendations are very much appreciated. I must admit though I have a totatlly irrational fear about allergies and so went for the smallest dose possible (50mg). I also got some slow release Vitamin C tablets (1000mg) as I am a smoker.

Thanks for your help.

dave

Carla08
13-05-08, 19:06
Hi Dave
I take Vit B complex and I have noticed the difference since taking them. I also take Vit C 1000mg and Iron as well. I can easily tell the positive difference between when I didnt take them to how I feel now. Iron and Vit C work well together and its good to take both to get the best out of them. I have had no side effects/reactions to them other than iron can upset my stomach a little bit sometimes.

Allye
15-05-08, 16:24
I have been taking Berocca (high dose formulation of B & C vitamins plus other essential minerals) and have found them to be good. I am really bad with tablets but these are dissolvable.

Anxiety has been up and down but there are reasons for that. Otherwise my hair is better and my skin has cleared up no end.

xxHonetBeexx
16-05-08, 23:00
Hi

I take B complex, sea kelp, vegy omega 3,6,9 extra folic aciod as ive low B12. I cant say ive seen any differance but hopfuly it is helpping in side!?
(saying that im am covered in acne which I nevr got a teen) I thought my skin would of been clearer??

mtatum4496
16-05-08, 23:15
My doctor also put me on a regimen of Vitamin C and B complex to help me with both Epstein Barr Virus and the anxiety/panic/agoraphobia. He also has me taking calcium and magnesium each day.

My EBV seems to be under control now, but as the EBV has faded, the anxiety/panic/agoraphobia has kicked up a notch or two.

Still, I think the vitamins are helping. Here is what I currently am taking daily:

Vitamin C - 2000 mg
Thiamin - 10 mg
Riboflavin - 10 mg
Niacin - 100 mg
B6 - 10 mg
Folate - 400 mcg
B12 - 75mcg
Biotin - 30 mcg
Pantothetic Acid - 50 mg
Calcium - 1000 mg
Magnesium - 400 mg

My hope is that now with the EBV under control, the nutrients will focus more on my central nervous system and begin to restore a more balanced mood and feeling. I am still taking a relatively low dosage of Xanax, and it would be nice to have the vitamins begin mending my nerves before it is time to "graduate" to a higher dosage.

Balanced Concepts
29-05-08, 21:07
Herbal based supplements are the safest as they are the most bioavaible to your body. They are full of vitamins, minerals AND healing properties. I sell them with my company and all my clients are getting dramatic improvements to their health.
Balanced Concepts

Robert84
24-06-09, 03:17
Hello!
I have just made a post on it and then found you had a related post. Vitamin B1 is good for the central nervous system and is actually given to people as a treatment from a doctor who are withdrawing from alcohol where they are prone to high anxiety and irritability and low moods and possible seizures.
Many people actually use Vitamin B1 as a remedy for the mental health affects of a hangover. Drinking alcohol depletes the body of this vitamin too.
I am no longer a heavy drinker and have not been for some time, and I eat quite a healthy diet but I have a jar of Vitamin B1 in the bathroom cabinet. When I feel low of anxious I take one and it really does make a noticeable improvement on my mood, making me feel happier and more in control and able to think more clearly and feel more relaxed. Quite amazing when its just one simple vitamin. In its pure form it seems to lift my mood more than if I take a multi vitamin. Zinc is also known to be helpful for mental health and my mother who had depression used to take zinc when she was depressed. It is a shame that they do not make a Zinc and B1 all in one tablet!
An easy way to do something to help your mood! It is not dangerous either unless you take a lot of them. Even 3 would not hurt you. You just urinate out what you don't need. You can take them while you are on medication or taking a herbal supplement.