PDA

View Full Version : Feel so awful- reducing tablets

mandie
13-05-08, 22:00
Hi all

About 3 weeks ago i reduced from 10mg to 5 mg.

Yesterday i forgot to take my tablet. So i took it tonight but its been neraly 48 hours since the last one.

Is it possible to get side effects from not taking a 5mg dose.

Since this afternoon i have been feeling so light headed and anxious. I feel like im heading for a panic attack. I have a funny head and feel bit sick

I really feel these tablets are making me worse. wonder whether i should now take one tablets every 2 days so i can come off them quicker.

Im fed up of feeling so weird all the time. I feel like i never have a clear head, im sick of feeling unreal etc

I know alot of you will say buts that your anxiety, but im sure these tablets are making the anxiety worse.

Please some advice

thanks, love mandie x

lostsoul
13-05-08, 22:04
Mandie

What tablets are you talking about is it Diazipam?

lostsoul
13-05-08, 22:25
Sorry missed the title of the forum your talking about Citalopram. Sorry :unsure:

mandie
14-05-08, 08:06
Please anyone outhere who can advise me

love mandie x

Cathy V
14-05-08, 08:34
Hi mandie, I don't know about citalapram but i do that if its one of the benzos then yes they can have withdrawal effects, usually depends on dosage and length of time on them. Are you doing this alone or with guidence from your doc? if youve made the decision to reduce your meds its always a good idea to do it with the help of the doc, so he's aware of any probs. I wouldn't worry too much about the panic awful tho it is, it most def can be part of withdrawal, and as you say yourself, and as alot of people discover, sometimes our meds can cause more anx symptoms when taken long term. I took tranx many years ago and it was hard to wean off them but it does come. Ive had similar withdrawal probs recently coming off a beta blocker.

Its a natural thing if your body has had help to relax for some time, when the help is taken away, even gradually, it then has to find its own way of calming down and this takes time. Don't forget too, that striving to feel 100% normal isn't realistic, coz evryone has some anx or panic about certain situations, its just that with people like you and me and all the others on here, our systems react a bit more thats all.

Hope it helps a bit :)
Cathy xx

mandie
14-05-08, 09:36
Thank you so much for replying Cathy

Im panicking so much and i wish i knew how to relax

My doctor does no im reducing but im not due to see him till next week as he is away and iv reduced to one everyday without him knowing although he does know how keen i am to come off them cause i feel they are making me worse.

love mandie x

Cathy V
15-05-08, 01:06
Mandie, i think you'll find thats its a combination of reducing the meds and then becoming anxious about whether you're doing the right thing or not! please believe me when i say that, bad though the feelings are, you WILL be ok...promise. It takes a little time for our systems to adjust to coping alone without a crutch, but you WILL get there, Its a very uncomfortable ride..ive been there, but your body is stronger than you know and it WILL recover..with a bit of time OK? Great that you're determined to try without the meds. With you every step of the way, ok? :)

Cathy xxx

mandie
15-05-08, 09:51
Thank you Cathy

I hope this passes soon, im so tired and liteheaded, not to mention anxious

love mandie x