PDA

View Full Version : Big C fears with throat

KevinM
14-05-08, 03:59
Hello everyone,

Been awhile since I've done this - thought I had this HA stuff beaten, guess not. Been having real throat problems for awhile now. Sometimes my throat is just sore, sometimes it's painful when I swallow, other times it's the lump in the throat sensation. The thing is it comes and goes. I can go hours or a day and nothing then suddenly - it's there. My doc siad it's allergies (bad this time of year here) GERD, sinus drip, the usual stuff. After fighting this since mid March I saw him today and he said he wants me to see an ENT. Of course the anxiety shot through the roof but he said it was merely precautionary. He has no reason to suspect cancer but of course poeple like us don't hear that and suspect the worse. So now I wait another 6 days until the ENT can see me - trying hard to keep things cool and go on about life. In some remote part of me I know it's ok - BUT WHAT IF?

Anyone else have this - general wierd feeling, perhaps tenderness in the throat - that moves everywhere! It's in this corner one minute, over here the next, under the chin next, or down by the adams apple or just below it. Then theres the lump - it all comes and goes. I sometimes get jaw soreness but everything is transient. I'll wake in the morning and think - hey my throat feels ok - then boom - it doesnt. Can anxiety really do this?

Really trying to keep it together! Would really like some re-assurance.

Thanks

steve2007
14-05-08, 04:47
Yep - i got that feeling and lump in throat, it seems better first thing in the morning then gets worse over the day. Eating and drinking seems to give temp relief tho which point to it being nothing other than globus, I was told if it really was cancer etc then the lump would be there all the time and drinking etc would make no difference and that eating etc would be actually harder as the lump gets in the way. With globus there is actually not a lump its just the esof tightning up.. but still feels like there is one.

Ive been to two seperate ent's and got same result abt a yr ago - its hard for me not to want to see them again as its been a while but im resisting the urge :)

take care.

milly jones
14-05-08, 12:11
hey guys,

i get the same but got comfort from nic's website on the left which talks about the symptoms of anxiety and the bodies responses.

i think it was in the problems, panic attacks section,

hope this helps,

mill x

diane07
14-05-08, 12:42
Yeah i get this too,

Big problem with my ears too, but last night i was semi awake and i found i was very tense and sucking hard at the back of my throat, so i thought ah! this will make it sore if i'm doing this all night, i've also noticed today that i keep doing it so i'm trying to keep my throat muscles relaxed, and i have to say its working its easing off i must have been doing this for so long without realising

Di xx

kellie
14-05-08, 13:16
hiya guys. i get this a lot to bloody drives me crazy some times and ive thought about it being cancer ( my health anx is good at these things )
you may also find that you are tenseing your jaw and teeth alot and check you aint hold ing your tounge at the roof of your mouth. all these cause throat tension and will give you the lump in the throat feeling.when you get this feeliing some of us auto think the worst which will make us more anx which is makeing us more tense. try to relax and if you find you are producing a lot os siliva spit out rather than swallow. if you find you are haveing trouble swallowing food, take smaller bits and chew for longer this will help.
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx