PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Michaela
23-11-03, 12:33
I have just found this superb site and it has given me great hope to resolving my anxiety. I suffer from generalised anxiety and have done for the past 13 years, with periods when obviously I have been much better at coping. I have just moved house and I am planning on getting married - all lovely juicy topics for my anxiety to really get a hold of and question to my hearts content.

With inspiration from this site, I have today made a hypno appointment (something I have had before for flying phobia) but have not investigated for some time for my general levels of anxiety. I am also seeing a counsellor at my own expense to see if I can shake some of my behaviours off, but this seems slow in coming.

It's great to know that there are other kind and friendly folk out there who can help when life doesn't always seem very sunny. Thanks to everyone in advance!!

Michaela.

nomorepanic
23-11-03, 19:12
Michaela

Welcome to the site :-)

Good luck with the hypnotherapy - it really helped me and got me back on a plane after 5 years. I still haven't been abroad on holiday but at least I did the flight (flying with confidence course).

You will find a wealth of info on the site and the message forum so just take some time to read through it and select the tips that help you.

Take care

Nicola

nomorepanic
25-11-03, 16:32
Michaela

Please can you check your email address under "Profile" at the top of the page as I am getting loads of bounced emails for you.

Cheers

Nicola

nomorepanic
26-11-03, 13:14
Michaela

I have had to unsubscribe you from the topics cos I am getting too many returned emails. You will need to re-subscribe to them again.

Sorry

Nicola

Michaela
02-12-03, 20:47
Hello Nicola

I have only just managed to log back on since posting my first note, and realised with horror that I had put my e-mail address in wrong! Am so sorry for not noticing - have now amended and should be fine! [:I]

Your comments are very helpful. I have looked at the generalised anxiety part of the site and find the messages very encouraging. I will post a further note to let everyone know I exist .... really!!

Thanks again,

Michaela.

nomorepanic
02-12-03, 22:17
No probs Michaela

I was just worried that you subscribed to topics and would think people were never replying. Hope it is all ok now :-)

Nicola

Lottie32
03-12-03, 11:51
Hi Michaela

Have you tried CBT? I'm not suggesting that your therapy isn't worth paying for of course - just that most GP's recognise panic now, and recommend CBT as a treatment, which is available on the NHS.

If not, it may be worth looking into - and hopefully you will save yourself lots of money, so you can treat yourself to something nice as a reward everytime you overcome a hurdle!

Keep up the hard work

Charlie

Michaela
05-12-03, 11:35
Hi Charlie

Yes have tried CBT but didn't feel like I was getting anywhere.
I went knowing what my problems were, more or less, and where
they stem from (childhood - don't they always?!), and I have
identified that I need to be more assertive with people I know
and care for (I am fine taking things back to a shop etc), and
that my auto-negative thoughts are so enhanced that they are
'normal' for me, so my battle is to find a positive for every
negative I think and to start living life as if it's not such a
challenge.

I do welcome your suggestion though and will see how the hypno goes
and can always revert to CBT once I have a more solid base to work
on.

Hope you are OK.