PDA

View Full Version : major relapse

rachel25
06-04-05, 12:08
Hi everyone,

Well after nearly aa month of bliss, the inevitable happened this morning. John is having his 'don't know if i want to be with you any more' weeks and i had a major panic attack this morning for the first time in 4 weeks. After the last time, with us sitting and sorting all this stuff out, i thought we had finally turned a corner and that we were solid- little did i know! Anyway we have gone from buying our own house and starting a family to maybe splitting up in the space of 24 hours.

Anxiety is back big time and even had a few missed beats today. i guess i was naive to expect the pa's to not come back really.

Rach xx

florence
06-04-05, 12:18
Hi Rachel

So sorry to hear about all that, it must be very rough indeed for you. I can relate somehow.....When my anxiety and panic attacks started...9 years ago...I was with a boyfriend, we were living together and after 1 year and a half, he announced me that he couldnt take any more of my anxiety and dumped me. Leaving me pregnant, jobless with a house , and left me with all the bills to pay for. I must admit, I thought of terminating my life when all this happened as it was too much to cope with.
You have my sympathy .
Let us know how you get on.
Take care.
Florence. xx

**See the world more as what it is, less as what you are.**

jude
06-04-05, 12:23
Hi Rachel,

It is so hard to cope with life sometimes, especially when we suffer from anxiety.

The only comfort I can offer you right now is that if the worst does come to the worst, and you do split up, you WILL cope. We are strong people, we must be to cope with PAs, and you will find a way of dealing with this.

Having said that, hopefully it isnt going to happen, relationships have their ups and downs, and the added stress of anxiety problems dont help. I often wonder how my hubby copes with me!

Good luck Rachel, and I hope everything works out well for you.

Jude x

kairen
06-04-05, 12:39
hi rachel
sorry you are having a bad day, me too lol, i have been great like you but today has been really hard, Its an awful time when things go wrong in a relation ship especially if you also have pa's and anxiety, maybe u should see your doc, just to get something to help you get over this bad time, you know that you will get all the help and support here, my heart feels for you on this one honey hope it works out for you,

kairen x

della
06-04-05, 13:52
hi rachel
I am very sorry that you are having some problems..however if you and your b/f do split up you WILL cope and this is because people like us who do suffer from anxiety problems are and need to be extermley strong both in courage and character.
Take one day at at ime and do what you have to do to heal yourself if one day at a time is too much then take it one hour one minute at a time ..i have had to do that in the past and believe me you WILL get there .
I was in the middle of a very unfriendly divorce with 3 boys to cope with and I found the strength so i know that you will...but remember you need to heal and if that is feeling down , crying or whatever else allow yourself that time...When that time is over get on and live your life to the best you can.

take care [:o)]

seh1980
06-04-05, 15:56
hi Rachael,

Sorry to hear about your relapse. It's horrible the way these bloody PAs can just come out of the blue like this, just when you think everything is settled. Al you can do is try to put it in the past as quickly as possible and hope that everything works out..

Sarah :D

sal
06-04-05, 17:21
Hi Rach

Just when things seemed to be going well for you, typical when we all think things are okay people manage to totally disrupt how good we are feeling.

I am really feeling for you and know how you feel. I hope you manage to sort this out and get things back on track, and if not, remember we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
06-04-05, 17:41
Hi Rachel

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. It's not surprising you are feeling anxious with the stress in your relationship. I think it would knock anyone. You can get through today and back on track again though.

Hope you are able to sort things out with John and are feeling better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
06-04-05, 19:05
Rachel

Just caught up with this post. Hope you can work it out between you.

Big hug!

Nicola

Meg
06-04-05, 19:09
Rachel,

Sorry to hear of your distress - hope you both see a way through it.

However this is not a major relapse. It is an emotional response to a very difficult situation and you body panics as thats what its used to doing. Its a blip and as you figure things out try not to immediately visualize the worst case scenario which you may be doing .

Your mind cannot tell between reality and imagined pictures in your mind and will respond accordingly

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

bubbles
06-04-05, 19:57
Rachel,

You poor thing, all this uncertainty in the relationship can't be helping any underlying anxiety & I'm not surprised it ended up in a PA.
You say things have been good with John for a month+plans for the future so why has he suddenly done one of his "don't know if I want to be with you" weeks? If you've been ok he can't blame it on your anxiety. Does he do this a lot?

I hope that you both manage to sort it out...but whatever happens you will cope. You may even feel better off in the long term if there is a split...I have always found that erratic boyfriends don't do much for anyone's anxiety.

Remember that whatever happens we will all support you.
Good luck with it.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

sal
06-04-05, 22:20
Rach

Dont got it alone i am here if you want to talk. Wanted to text you but didnt want to invade your space. This isnt easy for you i know and it will be pulling you apart but if you need a friend i am here for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

rachel25
07-04-05, 11:53
Hi everyone, thanks for you support and hugs and thoughts, it is really greatly appreciated. John came home from work sometimes and explained to me that he wasn't thinking about splitting up and that us fighting can be 'normal' and not the end of the world. It's so easy for him to say them things when he doesn't suffer from this illness as i do because i feel that this has set me back weeks. He says such hurtful things in the heat of the moment that i wouldn't even dream of saying to my worst enemy.

Sal, thanks for your kind words, feel free to get in touch if you want.

Rach xx

bluebottle
07-04-05, 12:03
PM'd you Rach.

Regards,

Blue
--
"I'm dancing through the fire, just to catch a flame -
an' feel real again "

http://workplacebullying.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

tessa
07-04-05, 21:07
Sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time. Keep us posted on how things are going.
Take care,

tessa

sal
07-04-05, 22:35
Rach

You wouldnt say those words, so hold on to that, but we are all different and we hurt people without thinking about how they might react. Something big or small effects us all differently and i know how i react to small things but to me they seem major. If he understood how you feel that would help but wouldnt still give him the right to say anything like that and if did suffer he would appreciate how much the little things he says are highlighted.

I hope you manage to work this out mate and he sees how much he has hurt you. Tell him, thats my problem sometimes i am scared to tell people how much they have hurt me in case i push them away, but if they cared they would accept what they have done and apologise.

Here if you need me and thinking of you.

Love Sal xx