PDA

View Full Version : Why?

popsy
14-05-08, 11:25
Why :shrug: even when im not feeling paniky or having negative thoughts, do i still pretty much constantly shake 'inside' if i hold my hands up i can see that they are shaking slightly and my legs too. Why is this? Im having a calm relaxed day, im not worried about anything, but still its always there, i can only describe it as a shakiness inside of me!!!!

I think i am working towards feeling alot better than i have been for a long time, and i havent had a proper full blown panic attack for a couple of weeks now since they upped my meds. I feel ive been coping really well, so why the shakes!!! When i wake up every morning its still there, in fact worse before i have taken a diazapem, ahhhh its doing my head in :wall: !!!
When will it stop??? :shrug:
Help anyone, have you been in a simular situation?
Would really appreciate some advise pleeeease? :unsure:

Cathy V
15-05-08, 00:12
Hi Popsy, what meds do you take? I know that when i was on propranolol i had the same shaking inside. It was only one of alot of side effects on them, but i remember it well! I was on 80mgs a day, and my doc has recently swopped to another med at a lower dose and ive felt much better since. Could it be the increase in your meds do you think? :shrug:

Cathy x

chalky
15-05-08, 07:07
Hi Charlie,

I do understand where you are coming from.
Well done on the progress you have made!!
Self-checking, constantly, produces anxious thinking.Anxious thinking produces anxious symptoms which leads to anxiety attacks.This type of thinking becomes addictive for us.Our minds follow the same paths we always have to try to cope.We have to take the focus away from this in order to get better.How?
Distraction-get up and do something e.g music,exercise,etc,etc
Challenging-actively question why you are checking and what you are hoping to achieve by doing this.
These are not processes which lead to overnight cures.If you stick with them though,you will start to benefit from a better sense of control over your problems.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

popsy
15-05-08, 14:45
I was like this before the increase in my meds although a good suggestion Cathy.
Chalky i think you could be right, i am constantly checking my anxiety levels almost scanning my body for any sensations of anxiety even when im feeling well, it has become such a habit, unfortunately contunually doing this has made me start to question if i am really getting better, or if it is just a phase and i'll be right back at the beginning again! ahhhh this damn anxiety, why cant i be some carefree skippy around in the sunnyshine person!!!!
Thanks for your replys guys it always gives me food for thought! XXXXXXXX

never2late
15-05-08, 16:42
Charlie,

I have the same issue with shakey hands. At one time it used to get me worked up, but now I just take it in stride. Some days it's there, other days it is nowhere to be found. Some days my nerve endings are "buzzing", other days I'm totally quiet and calm inside.

Over the years, I have tried to find any type of connection: but there are very hectic days when I am totally calm, and very quiet days when I feel shakey inside (and vice versa).

I'm beginning to believe that this condition of ours does not follow any type of logical reasoning at all.

Off for my daily walk.

popsy
15-05-08, 16:59
Im glad im not the only one, although i wouldnt wish it on anyone if you get my drift!!!