PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think their anxiety is really something serious?

mandie
14-05-08, 12:18
Hi all

Does anyone think that their anxiety is not anxiety and that its someting more serious?

I cant get my head around the fact that anxiety gives us all these symptoms

I feel so lite headed all the time and just feel so scared and anxious but i dont really no y.

Iv been suffering for a few years, but lately its become worse.

At present i have really bad toothache which iv had for months. Finally plucked up courage to make appt which iv got for next week, but im thinking that maybe the tooth ache has spread an infection to my brain giving me all these symptoms.

Really i should think iv had really bad tooth pain before and i was ok, so y do i think like this now.

Its the same with any symptom i get though, its all i will think about and even though iv had the symptom before, this time i think its life threatening.

I just cant relax about life anymore, im constantly on edge, analysing every ache and pain i get.

love mandie x

kellie
14-05-08, 13:26
Does anyone think that their anxiety is not anxiety and that its someting more serious?
hiya mandie. and god yes hun but that is what anxiety does to us. i suffer with health anx and could not belive that all the symptoms i got/get where just the anx alone. comeing here was the best thing i ever done it has helped me so much to get these thoughts into line. it may take some time hun but you will get there to. anx can give you so many diff symptoms and you may find new ones coming along that you aint had befor. but hey thats ok it is just our anxiety and fear. what do you do to distract urself when these thoughts are in ur head? lots of things to do with ur diet and exercise can help.
pm me if you would like to talk about it or just post back to me
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

clarkybird
14-05-08, 13:29
Hi Mandie,

I have been suffering with Anxiety for over 4 weeks now and i have convinced myself i have every deadly Cancer disease going.As silly as it sounds.I have never felt so ill from it all.I am finding that i am worrying about every little lump and bump i find....I have been put on citlopram for my anxiety and depression but this isnt lifting the acid that i am suffering with since having anxiety and as you can understand i have now convinced myself i have a life threatening disease...Such a vicious circle..Have you been to the docs about the way you are feeling>?I never knew anxiety can make you feel so ill and low.

Em x

mandie
14-05-08, 13:45
Thank you both for your replies.

I am on citalopram but i have lowered my dose because i feel they are making me worse.

I feel that the doctors are missing something and are just putting it all down to anxiety.

I do keep busy when i think these thoughts, but sometimes it just gets to much and i cant get the thoughts out of my head

love mandie x

clarkybird
14-05-08, 13:55
Are you the same and have convinced yourself you are dying..This is what ive done..Especially as my anxiety has brought on the acid taste in my mouth???!!! Not nice!!!!Im hoping this will calm down..How long have you been on citalopram?Ive only been on it 12 days but am struggling with the side effects at the mo???xx

pigtailplaits
14-05-08, 16:03
Hello,

i feel the same as you. Ive apparantly been suffering from anxiety for nearly 4 months. I am sure that there must be something wrong and the doctors are missing it. They also prescribed citralopram for me which i decided not to take. My symptoms include headaches, blurred vision,nausea, pins and needles, blocked ears, frequent toilet use, feeling like im not really here etc and i am not really happy with the diagnosis of anxiety because i have nothing to feel anxious about, yet these symptoms are with me daily. I certainly worry everyday that it must be some form of cancer but thats because its been going on so long. If you want to talk about any of your symptoms and how they make you feel please pm me
jo

mary8
14-05-08, 16:25
Hi Mandie

Please try not to worry too much, you are probably getting yourself so anxious that you are clamping your teeth together because you are tense, this is bound to give you tooth ache. I have suffered from health anxiety for years and each time I get the slightest symptom I think it's different from the time before and that this time it is going to be life threatening. I know exactly what you're going through but please be positive, you haven't got anything seriously wrong with you it's just part of this horrible condition, the mind is such a powerful thing.

Take care.
xx

mandie
14-05-08, 17:14
Thank you all for your replies,

I so glad that there are other people going through the same although i wouldnt wish anyone to be going through it

love mandie x

Eleven
15-05-08, 18:27
Yep - I definitely think the same as you. Can't quite rationalise whether my 'symptoms' are caused by my anxiety or whether my anxiety is caused by my 'symptoms'. Has been a rough three months...

WDWFan
15-05-08, 20:02
I am exactly the same! i can't tell myself that my symptoms are anxiety! even though i have been told that they are! it's easy for my doctor to just sit there and say it's anxiety!

Fireman12364
16-05-08, 04:48
Hello Im new to this site but not new to the state of panic attacks and the feeling of death or fear of dieing . I have had depression most of my life and have yet to get that under control have taken every antidepressent on the market with no luck. But these past few years have started to have these really bad panic attacks and fear of dieing . Have ulcers all down my throat because of panic and anxiety getting so tired of feeling this way feel like im going crazy loosing my mind have panic attacks every day my doctor has given me new med anafranil but im scared to take it for fear of what it might do to me . Im scared that it is going to rub off on my daughter and wife from being around and they are going to start suffering with this depression and panic attacks dont know what to do some times the zanex helps alot stops the panic attacks but my mind races with bad thoughts of dieing or being ill . Some times I think the doctors did this to me with all their meds they have tried out on me through the years never had these problems growing up seems to be getting worse know that im older . Dont know what to do some time's

amandaj
16-05-08, 09:05
i agree everything is anxiety nowadays ,when see a dr easy for them to say but hard for us to believe when we are suffereing all time