PDA

View Full Version : Surprised myself....

Cathy V
14-05-08, 21:23
I don't very often post a new thread, but i just wanted to share a good day with you. Since my daughter came to visit a few weeks ago from UK, ive neen trying to get out and about more and trying to ignore the anxiety and panic etc. so that i can show her around here. Some days are better than others, but today we went to the local outdoor pool. Its been such a great week with the weather, even over here in germany and today was no exception. So we packed a bag and set off. I was feeling really nervous coz i haven't swam for a long long time...it takes me all my time to walk up the street these days!

I went into the (very cold) water with much anxiety, because sometimes the ectopics can start up when i'm cold..never known why :shrug: but I tried not to let my daughter see how bad i felt, but y'know what? i was ok:yahoo: !! and really we had a good day. I was so surprised that i coped with it so well. Maybe its the new meds? and maybe its the new confidence ive felt since becoming part of nmp, but whatever it is, it has made me feel better than i felt in along time. To go from not being able to walk up the street to swimming half a length in a pool full of people? can't believe it!

So i just wanted to share it with you.
Cathy xxxxx :D

Cathy V
14-05-08, 21:26
Sorry, don't know why my new thread has come up as an 'introduce yourself' thread, coz i'm not that new :wacko:

Cathy V xx

smudgie
14-05-08, 21:34
hi cathy:yesyes:
sounds like you've had a great acheivement, well done:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

i couldnt do what you have done
hugs
smudgie

marie1974
14-05-08, 21:40
:hugs: welldone cathy sounds like you had a great day and took some big steps today, keep up the good work and it will help you to feel better

Cathy V
14-05-08, 21:47
Thanks smudge and donna for your support. Its very much appreciated :)

Cathy xx

chalky
14-05-08, 22:15
Hi Cathy,

I have moved your Thread as it definitely merits a place in the Success Stories.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kazzie
14-05-08, 22:18
Nice one Cathy:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kaz x:hugs:

honeybee3939
14-05-08, 22:18
Cathy

Great to read of your success hun !:yesyes: :yesyes:

keep up the good work, so pleased to hear you had such a great day!:yesyes:

WELL DONE!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Cathy V
14-05-08, 22:34
Hey thanks guys...thanks chalky:D I'm chuffed to bits that you consider it a success. Its certainly a step forward, thanks so much.

Regards
Cathy xxxxxxxxxx

eternally optimistic
14-05-08, 22:36
Hi Cathy

Well done on getting about this week.

I bet you are buzzing, keep going.

Jackie

Wolfie
15-05-08, 00:12
Hello there, Cathy!

W O W! That's pretty much my reaction to your post! I am sooooo PROUD of you hun, you've come on so much! And wow, you've done so well to have done what you did, and I'm sooo pleased that you had a great time to! Definately one heck of a sucess sweetie :)

Take care!

Lots of love and hugs,

Wolfie xxxxxxxx

Cathy V
15-05-08, 00:41
Thanks so much wolfie. We just have to keep trying don't we :)
Best wishes
Cathy xxx

debera
15-05-08, 01:49
well done cathy
debera:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

blackie
15-05-08, 09:45
Hiya
Well done!!! Thats a great step. I am just starting to get out more and have all that anxiety at the very thought so its great that you didnt let it defeat you and had a fab day out. Nice one!!!
Blackie

Cathy V
15-05-08, 10:09
Thanks debera and blackie, yes it was a good day, and today at 11am i was supposed to go a pick up the heart holter for a 24hr test, but had to call and cancel it because of my sunburn!! Theres no way i couldve had those elctrobe thingamys stuck onto my lobster skin...ya gotta laugh havent you:D

Thanks again guys
luv Cathy xxxx :hugs:

jellybean43
15-05-08, 16:57
Well done Cathy------keep it up xxxxxx