PDA

View Full Version : A question for females

seh1980
06-04-05, 16:23
hello,

Just have a quick question. It's my time of the month at the moment and because I suffer from severe cramps, I take the med 'Feminax'. I don't know if any of you have ever tried it but was just wondering, if you have done, does it make you feel really out of it? It really kills my cramps, which is why I take it each month but it always makes me feel like I'm on drugs, which increases my anxiety. It has codeine and caffeine in it, so could it be something to do with that? I'm on no other meds at the moment so I know that I don't feel this way because it's mixing with another med..

Sarah :D

bluebottle
06-04-05, 16:39
I don't want to worry you Sarah but I found this info that you might be interested in.

http://www.whale.to/drugs/codein.html

Regards,

Blue
--
"I'm dancing through the fire, just to catch a flame -
an' feel real again "

http://workplacebullying.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

kairen
06-04-05, 16:42
hi sarah

i have taken it in the past,
cant remember it doing that to me,
i just take co codamol, and hot water bottle oh and evening primrose oh and b6 complex oh and iron tablets, oh and i find a bottle of bud works wonders,

hope u feel better soon xxxxxx

kairen x

seh1980
06-04-05, 16:56
Blue - I have heard about the addiction before but I personally never have the desire to take them unless it's the time of the month as I don't feel the wooziness it causes very pleasurable.

Kairen - thanks for the tips!! I find a warm bath helps as well.

Sarah :D

sal
06-04-05, 17:34
Hi Sarah

I have never taken it as luckily i dont suffer cramps, just the tear, the mood swings and the anxiety LOL

Hope you are doing okay mate.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kairen
06-04-05, 18:29
wow

that was scary it just shows how easy done it is

xxxxxxxxxx

kairen x

xlauracx
06-04-05, 19:22
Theyv made me feel quite dozy, like not pick up on what people are saying the first time they say it, but they do work great and most people dont talk much sense so it didnt really bother me! I only take them sometimes , if im feeling really awful because i dont really need them much just now. xxx

~Laulz~

henri
06-04-05, 19:34
hi sarah,
i'm feeling for you right now - i get cramps so badly!
i've never taken feminax but my doctor prescribed ponstan, which are just strong painkillers - they really do the trick (together with vitamins, hot water bottle etc). i also tried this new thing by the way that nurofen are doing - they're called heat pads and they're like panty liners (!!) that you can stick wherever you have cramps. it's like having a hot water bottle permanently stuck to your tummy. i did it last month while i was at work even - worked a treat and totally drug-free!
hope you feel better soon xx

seh1980
06-04-05, 20:25
[Wow!] Thanks for that Henri - I will have to get some!! :D

Tracy68
06-04-05, 20:34
Hi Sarah
I took feminax a few years ago due to the painful cramps i got and like you found myself feeling spaced and weird so stopped them. I don't seem to suffer as much now (must be the age lol) but when i did i always found a hot water bottle on my tummy and my feet raised higher than my body always worked....ain't got a clue how but it did lol.
Take care
Tracy
x

seh1980
06-04-05, 20:46
Thanks for a your replies guys!!

Sal - I HATE women who don't get cramps LOL - not fair!! :D