PDA

View Full Version : scared on pulmonary embolism

cassi23
16-05-08, 10:01
I have awoken this morning with a constant pain in the right side of my chest, it feels like its inside my body,ie,right lung,and sometimes i can feel it in my back in that area also, its not so bad that im in agony but its there and making me panick!

I am so scared this could be a blood clot on my lung,the last week or so I have felt like iv had a blockage in my windpipe thats stopped me taking a breath deep enough in, but I put this down to stressful personal circumstances and anxiety. Now im not so sure!

Iv got a doctors appointment booked for monday to get some forms filled in for uni, do you think this ios more urgent than that and i should get seen asap?

Im at home with my 8 month old today,noone else is around which panicks me even more.

Char xxx

Cathy V
16-05-08, 10:37
Hi cassi, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit grotty and worried this morning. Youve actaully mentioned Pulmonary Embolism...do you know of this condition personally, have any members of your family had it? the reason i ask is that my health anxiety becomes stronger whenever i get a pain or a stramge new feeling in a particular place in my body, where i know members of my family have had problems with their health. Don't know if that makes sense.

Do you still have the pain now or has it eased? Its probably tension, or even a pulled muscle...looking after an 8month old can be strenuous.

cathy xx :)

cassi23
16-05-08, 11:08
hi cathy,

the pain actually does seem to have eased, think i was just worrying over nothing.

none of my family have ever had this no,but i am aware that whenever i get a pain anywhere, i immediately think the worst!
im feeling alot better now though, thankyou for your mesasage!

love char xxxxxx

Cathy V
16-05-08, 15:27
No probs cassi... glad you're feeling better, and have a good chat to the doc on monday.

Take care
Cathy xx :)

chrissy87
01-06-08, 02:05
I get this a lot. It's good to know I'm not the only one! I have a multitude of pains, aches and tingly feelings. Anything you can think of I've had it. Right now I've got this weird tingling/stabbing pain in the centre of my chest. Pressing on it gently seems to make it worse but I have a feeling my skin becomes more sensitive when I'm anxious. I have no idea if that's true.
When I get these pains I tend to try and move my arm a bit...stretch it out...see if the pain eases. Usually it does for a few minutes then comes back but those few minutes are bliss. Like Cathy said it could be muscle tension. Stretching will help.