PDA

View Full Version : Tiny bump in breast

Lissy43
16-05-08, 13:36
I have found a tiny lump in my right breast. I call it a lump it is really a tiny ball, probably abit smaller than a petit pois pea:winks: and it is very moveable. I seem to have a few of them but all alot smaller, they feel like bits of gristle or fat.

I have very small breasts, smaller than an A cup so with me being so slim I notice these things:winks: I have put on some weight and I am wondering if its gone on my boobs abit.

I had a load of blood tests this week for my stomach probs, I didn't mention my breast because I only noticed this the evening after id seeing the GP when I was in bed and my boobs felt tender (period due any day).

Am I daft to worry? my mum says I am because if it were a lump id know about it and its actually a lump that they mean, she said it would be large and hard. She also said I should be reassured because if I had breast cancer my blood results would not of been normal. She also said that tiny lumps in the breat are normal because they are full of fat and glands.

Can anyone reassure me?

aliciajane
16-05-08, 13:44
I think your Mum's completely right there.
If it's small and moveable it doesn't sound like anything dangerous at all!

xax

Lissy43
16-05-08, 13:51
Thanks,

I think so too but you know what its like;-)

clairev
16-05-08, 13:55
Hi

I watched a programme about breast lumps (cancer) and they said if its canerous it wont move and its a hard lump almost like feeling a little stone. It also said that you shouldnt examine your breasts before a period so i would wait till after your period then re-examine,

Hope this helps from Claire xxx

there is a brill website with a breast examination video on,
http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/

the video is really good, good advice

Lissy43
16-05-08, 14:07
Thanks,

This feels like a tiny piece of grit if that makes sense? Its not big enough to call it a stone but I am kind of worried now;-)

Thanks, I don't go reading online so id best not open that link, my husband has banned me from reading, lol!

clairev
16-05-08, 19:19
It said on the program though that if you cant move the lump to get it checked out, and like i said we all get lumps and bumps in our breasts just before periods

Take Care

From Claire

munchkin555
16-05-08, 19:33
hi hun
i think your mums right
i hadone about the size of a ping pong ball and then it vanished after i panicked like mad over it.
see what happens after your period, the nurse told me that periods can make boobs go lumpy. to put your mind at rest go and see the doc.
take care
munchkin
xxxxx

Lissy43
16-05-08, 20:00
Thank you all so much, I will see how it goes after aunt flow has gone.

bexy1970
26-05-08, 15:46
hi hun
im always posting bout my boobs!! ive just mentioned my hard little beady lumps on my boob!! ive got a large fibroid on same boob!! i freaked a little at beady one but then found few more little ones!! xxxx so think im ok lol x

nrmf
07-01-10, 20:30
hi, i also have found a small lump in my right breast, but yes yet again it is the time of the month. but it has always been there. is this anything to worry about? mine is also moveable.

thankyou

eeyorelover
08-01-10, 01:15
Changes in breast tissue is very common around your time of the month and also as we age.
Any lump should be checked by a doctor just to be safe but most are nothing to worry about and go away on their own.

meg86
08-01-10, 11:53
Hello :)

yes i can also feel little beady things in my left boob, it does feel a bit grissely , i have been to the doctors 3 times about my boobs in the past few months and they have all said my boob feels normal, there are alot of ducts and tissue in our breast, they say to feel with your fingers flat not the tips as you will feel all these.

Can i ask do you feel them in the upper quarter of your boob near your armpit? xx

i love tea
08-01-10, 18:24
Hi Aimee, thanks for posting - I have been worrying myself silly about the same thing for the last couple of weeks and have made myself really sore from all the prodding :doh:

Just want to recommend the link that Claire posted (thanks Claire :flowers:). I just watched it and realised that I'd been poking and prodding around far too much when checking my breasts - the video is really helpful at demonstrating how you should check your breasts properly. Instead of doing what it showed in the video, I'd basically been prodding and poking away until I found something!!

Take care x x