PDA

View Full Version : motavation tips please

fretty freda
16-05-08, 21:29
please help i havent worked for 10 weeks now i am becoming anxious about things like returning to work going out and seeing people and talking to people i am on my own all day at home and i cant motavate myself to do simple tasks like wash up ! i am also addicted tosocial networking sites and become anxious when i am not on them ! its not me i did used to have a life i just need help and advice to get back on track xxx

eternally optimistic
16-05-08, 21:39
Hi Fretty

I have a spell off last summer.

I made myself go for walks during this time as I knew that
if I didnt go out I would have become housebound quite easily.
It was a real struggle at first but do it still now and I love it.

Try and break your cycle of going on sites and do something else
like a walk, or anything that you enjoy.

pooh
16-05-08, 23:04
Hi Freda!
One of the reasons I joined this site was because, not that long ago I had a massive panic attack at hte start of a shift. (i'm a support worker) I made my excuses and left stopping to throw up before I was even able to get in the car. I felt AWFUL. So I went back to the doc's and was prescribed some new drugs i've not tried before and some diazepam to take the edge off of things for a couple of weeks. I have no doubt that work, for a million reasons I won't go into, triggered off my anxiety and panic attacks again. However, both the doc and I agreed that I wouldn't sign off from work. And my Gawd Freda it was hard. I was going to work shaking like a leaf, couple of times even had to go to the loo and throw up. Had to get my boyfriend to sit outside my work for hours on end just so I felt safe. The good news.....I realised that it wasn't the role that I performed that had caused all of this to reccur, but background stuff from the company. I put my heart and soul into my job and I love it. I could have given into the feelings, and my goodness did I want to on loads of occassions. And here I am now absolutely fine a couple of months down the road, the fear has gone, I'm not feeling sick, faint, shaking and my b/f gets to go home when I'm on shift lol.
I just want you to know that I believe you can do it. get yourself back into the work place because sometimes it just the tonic we need in terms of the routine and structure it can bring to our day.

Good Luck!

Lynne x

fretty freda
18-05-08, 16:33
thankyou both x

chalky
18-05-08, 16:38
Hi Freda,

It would be lovely if we had a magic spell that brought us out of periods like this....but we don't.
Adopt an attitude of one day at a time.
Start to do the little things for just one day and change will come.
Bet wishes,
Chalky

jesse08
18-05-08, 17:27
Hi, it is difficult to get motivated when you feel panicky/anxious and depressed. I try to get up at about the same time each day and write down a few things I can do that day, if I am not feeling good. Even if I only do one thing like washing up, I feel I have achieved something, no matter how small. Perhaps you could say that you will do the washing up by a certain time. Going for walks sounds good too and I agree about taking each day as it comes. Sometimes I take each hour at a time. Hope that helps. You aren't alone with this!

Hope 2
19-05-08, 12:51
Hey Freda :D

I agree with the others, you just gotta do it kinda sketch. Deep breath and of you go!
It IS hard, but again, it is never as bad as you anticipate and is essential for your own wellbeing hun. This year I took a turn for the worse with similar probs and actually ended up diagnosed with mild agoraphobia which kicked my butt so to speak. This and other life events have shown me a way out Freda, go for it, do whatever it is you fear.......... change WILL come as Chalky said. I believe this too.

The networks u mention may have become your friend, your security? I have been there and still am to a degree, but it can become responsible for leaving us feeling more isolated than ever. Please try and take back control and take some little steps cos I am sure you will begin to feel much better and not deteriorate further xx

Best Wishes
Hope xx