PDA

View Full Version : Shopping tips

sarah
23-11-03, 17:40
Hi all
For all those of you like me who have trouble waiting in queues in the supermarket, i just had to share with you what ive just found!!!
Just been to sainsbury's and they have self service checkouts!!!:D
No more queueing, just scan it yourself and pop in your money or card to pay! Ingenious.I was amazed.
Love Sarah
xxxx[:X]

benoo5
23-11-03, 18:05
hi sarah,

they have that in my local sainsburys too..its a great idea,they also have a change machine...stick all your loose change in,take a receipt,and either get notes for it,or use it to pay your shopping.

a couple of weeks ago,i got nearly forty pounds,it was all in coppers,5p,10p etc..but the machine sorted it in just 2/3 mins...good ent it lol....bryan.

nomorepanic
23-11-03, 20:17
Hi Sarah

Years ago when I lived in Sheffield (5 years) Safeway introduced the "Shop and Go" where you scanned your own shopping and then paid for it at the end. It was a marvel.

Then I moved here and I have not seen it since :-(

I wonder whether they trust people enough to do their own!

Great idea though isn't it?

Bry - they have just introduced one of them at the Asda near to where I work. I am going to empty Alex's tin into it cos I hate bagging it all up. They donate a percentage of what you are changing to charity - can't remember how much though.

Nicola

benoo5
23-11-03, 21:53
nic,

sainsburys take 7% ,but i dont mind as its for charity...this week it went to <children in need>..which is close to my heart...bryan.

southerngirl
23-11-03, 22:55
Our local M&S have just introduced it too. A leap of faith when I first had a go - and made sure no one was waiting behind me - but easy peasy and so quick!

benoo5
23-11-03, 23:25
talking of <children in need>...see once i start,theres no stopping me :)

well,last month,two of our hospitals re-enacted the rag scene from<doctor in the house>...wot do you mean,your too young to remember [:0] ,and they raised 1400pds.

so not to be missed out,two other hospitals are planning something for<help a london child>..our nhs is the best :) .

best wishes...bryan.