PDA

View Full Version : just cant stop my thoughts!

caz21
07-04-05, 09:38
hi i just cant stop my thoughts about breathing its become an obsession and i cant stop obsessing about air and feeling my breathe! and i feel like i cant feel it now wen i think about it and its scaring me! i feel trapped and chlostrophobic has anyone felt like this before? if so how did u cope and get through it?

kairen
07-04-05, 10:50
hi caz,

Ive had theses thoughts but not as bad as you are at the moment,

you need to find a distraction, what about looking at photo's do you have any of a really good holiday you had or a night out, you need to ditract your mind, put music on have a sing and a dance,

you need to do something that you will concertrate on that will take your mind away from those thoughts,

hope this helps a bit hun ,, take care and try and relax

kairen x

seh1980
07-04-05, 10:52
hello Caz,

Kairen is right. Distractions are the best way to forget about your worries. Push your worry to the back of your mind and it will soon disappear. Watch a dvd or read a book or something like that..

Sarah :D

caz21
08-04-05, 09:42
hi breathing still the same today keep trying 2 feel for air going into me but i cant and panicking! its hard not 2! :( i keep thinking that i will never forget this or even if i do it will come back wen i think about it. will i ever get 2 the point that i dont think about my breathing anymore and take it for granted again?

pips
09-04-05, 15:29
Hi Caz,

I to have issues with breathing and get scared I'm gonna stop or I can't catch a breath. it is so frightening I understand!

I like the others find distraction a excellent thing. I also feel trapped and chlostrophobic at times.

My advice to you is practice breathing/relaxation exercises and once you start realising just how calmly you are breathing it comes naturally. Once you have done the exercises try not to think about your breathing as the more you think about something the worse it becomes. I know if i think about something horid like a panic attack I could end up having one as my thoughts have taken over.

Good luck.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

sal
09-04-05, 20:32
Caz

Yes in time and with support you will be able to stop focusing on your breathing and it wont be such a big issue to you. Just remember when you start thinking about it you will carry on breathing and try and think of something that you like doing etc.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
10-04-05, 11:43
How are you doing Caz? Hope you're feeling a little better!! :D

caz21
11-04-05, 12:26
hi

i still have these feelings with my breathing just have no sensation of it when i think about it. keep thinking i should feel air going up my nose when i think of it cant seem to shake this. can u give me anymore advice about this whole feeling air thing. thanx

nomorepanic
11-04-05, 12:55
Caz

try this

Close your mouth and hold your thumb and finger of your left hand under your nostrils as though you are going to pinch your nose.

Now breathe in really deeply - can u feel the suction on your fingers. If not then cover the opening with that thumb and finger and breathe in

What happens?

Nicola

caz21
11-04-05, 13:51
hi nomorepanic i tried what u said and yes i feel the suction. jus i keep trying to feel for the air any suggestions about this??

nomorepanic
11-04-05, 13:58
Well now you know it is going in ok.

I don't feel it going in - I don't think you are supposed to either. It is an involuntary act.

There is nothing I can suggest that will help because it is all your thoughts that are making you feel anxious about it. Only you can change those thoughts I am afraid.

Nicola

Meg
11-04-05, 15:45
Caz,
Get a hand mirror and breathe out through your nose onto it. If it steams up you have now proved to yourself that you are breating both in and out absolutely fine and there is no cause for concern at all.

It really doesn't matter at all whether you feel anything or not. You gave to now turn your attention fully onto something else to distract yourself.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jim
23-06-05, 17:16
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi i just cant stop my thoughts about breathing its become an obsession and i cant stop obsessing about air and feeling my breathe! and i feel like i cant feel it now wen i think about it and its scaring me! i feel trapped and chlostrophobic has anyone felt like this before? if so how did u cope and get through it?

<div align="right">Originally posted by caz21 - 07 April 2005 : 08:38:04</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Jim

leo05
23-06-05, 17:23
i really wish that i did not have to think then my life would be better LOL

Jim
23-06-05, 17:26
One thing that all OCD or Phobic conditions have in common is thought processes. You have now formed the bad habit of focusing all your attention to this one thing which is what happens to pretty much all sufferers.

You are driving this, so you have to learn to change it. Your breathing is controlled by a primitive part of the brain so whether you dwell on it or not makes no difference.

All you need to do is change the priority you are giving to this thought, just tell yourself "oh it's just that again".

Thoughts are just that - thoughts.

If you think about your worst fears or you think about what you would do if you won the lottery, neither is real. The only difference is that one thought will make you feel bad and one will make you feel good.

Learn to treat your thoughts with indifference. Dwelling on something negative has no value, keep trelling yourself that and find something more interested to tax your mind with. Invent something fantastic.

Jim