PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms controlling my life please help

Patton
17-05-08, 08:13
hi all, 22yom
i have some weird symptoms that i need to hear someone else has or i might just go nutso....more so.
headaches to the point that i dont want to look up.
trouble concentrating.
Not wanting to go to sleep
always worried about my breathing
dry tounge
street lights and artifical light seems to become blurred.
my right ear feals like it is in a drum
****forgetful****or at least i think i am escpecially when i am driving. i know what some things are but when i get to thinking about it i dont really no if it was always there or not.
cracking jaw when i chew and when i talk
sometimes it feels like my left eye gets squirlly and cant focus and sometimes it feels like my vison gets crossed.
motion sickness

there are new ones each day but like i said i am getting forgetful latley and am starting to get really scared.

Is there anybody out there with a list like this or am i the first to push myself to far.....
Thanks
--Patton--

mandie
17-05-08, 09:13
Hi Patton

:welcome:

I can relate to lots of those symptoms and so will lots of others on here to

love mandie x

marie1974
17-05-08, 09:14
hiya first of all dont worry but for your own peace of mind i would go doctors as eye strain, bad migranes anything could cause this, also anxiety. i suffer cluster migranes when stressed and they really hurt and make my eyes go funny. sounds to me like anxiety but talking on here will help as lots of people will be able to advice you hugs xxxxx

popsy
17-05-08, 09:23
I agree with Donna I would get a check up at the doctors just to rule out anything, but to be honest i can relate to alot of your symtons and they sound very much like ANXIETY!!!! I think your anxiety would be reduced if you saw your doctor though. Good Luck, your arent alone x x x x

lilygrey
17-05-08, 10:14
Don't worry about your clicking jaw. I have had that since I was a teenager. You can try exercises for it which strengthen the jaw muscles. You need to put your tongue on the roof of your mouth and open your jaw until you feel your tongue will lift away. Hold for ten seconds and then relax. repeat these exercises a few times a day. This should strengthen the muscles.

Avoid eating things that will mean you have to open your jaw too wide, ie. an apple. Make sure you cut it up first.

The worst time I find is at the dentist when I have to literally dislocate my jaw to open wide but I tell the dentist that I can only hold it in that position for a little while so I have to relax in between the examination. The worst thing is the hygienist when you have to open your jaw for a long time.

You can be referred to an Oral Surgeon who will scan your tempero-mandibular joints to see if you have any abnormality there, and there are bite raisers you can be prescribed for night time, but it is my experience that a lot of people get this after there jaw stops growing and you just have to cope with it. It is often associated with teeth grinding at night or clenching your teeth, which could be because you are tensing up your jaw when you worry. Try to lay your tongue gently in the base of your mouth so your mouth is completely relaxed.

You may always have a slight clicky jaw but try not to worry. You will get used to it over time.

gtrgrl3369
18-05-08, 01:33
Just wanted you to know that I suffer from alot of the same things you do. First off my headaches were from needing glasses. My jaw ached because during panic I clench my jaw really tight. I have dry mouth and use a mouth wash for it which really helps. Sleeping at night is rough because my brain wont shut down. Just got a new med today and so far I am doing great. Hope this helps. Write me if you would like to or if it would help.

Patton
23-05-08, 02:08
Thanks all good to know im not alone