PDA

View Full Version : Im going to try my hardest.

miss_moo
17-05-08, 11:44
I have not posted in a while but since October i have been suffering with Anxiety and Panic attacks since then i have been vurtually house bound with the exception of going out in the car with my hubby and to the doctors. I have'nt been shopping because thats where my attacks started and the only progress i've made is taking my dog for a walk up and down my road. I know when the panic sets in i do think about how im feeling which makes it worse and that when i do have a Panic attack when i have calmed down i will be ok apart from feeling sleepy. I read Claire Week's book regulary about letting time pass and floating to which i can do to a certain point but i get impatient so i fully don't accept the feelings which are going on.
The thing is last august before i had this i booked a holiday along with the rest of my family, 2 weeks in sunny Corfu. Everybody is on holiday countdown and i have had no interest until now! We are due to leave in 4 weeks and i have started to pack and organise and i do want to go, my family are supportive and my mum and dad are telling me that i'll be fine (My mum suffers with anxiety but has learn't how to control it). I am worried that when i get to the airport i will have the feeling to run which happens quite regulary when im trying to face something head on. My doctor is going to prescribe me Diazapam for the flight, but my main fear is fainting especially when i do start to panic and i get the dizzies, but im trying not to think about it.:unsure:
At the moment im looking for travel insurance which is hard because Anxiety is not covered for in the medical conditions so we will have to pay a higher preimium should i say nothing or declare it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Im sorry for waffling on but i am determined to do this, if i do get there and sit around the pool for 2 weeks and nothing else at least ill get a good tan!!
Any advice would be greatfully apreciated
Cheryl:shades:

milly jones
17-05-08, 13:13
i dont know about holiday insurance, but ive been wondering about meds and car insurance and whether or not u have to declare anx as a medical condition?

these insurance companies seem to find any excuse not to pay out for claims

any advice?

millx

never2late
17-05-08, 13:31
Cheryl, I hope that your vacation turns out to be a wonderful time for you. I can relate to pre-event anxiety (any type of event with me) -- and I, too, often feel out-of-sorts whenever away from my comfortable and familiar environment of home. With that being said, I also never, ever allow those feelings to get in the way of getting out there into the world around me. I don't always have the best of times -- sometimes I spend a lot of time thinking about how nice it will be to be back home -- but there are pieces of time when all that is somehow forgotten, and I find myself enjoying the moment and actually having a great time with others. Its a balancing act, that's for sure . . . but one that we can certainly learn to become good at. I hope you will come back and let us know how nice your vacation turned out to be!

P.S. It's a beautiful late Spring day here this morning, and my wife and I will be heading out for a long drive to visit our middle daughter and have a picnic. I'm a bit anxious about heavy traffic, the long round-trip drive, and I'm a bit on the jittery side this morning -- but, hey, I'm heading OUT THAT DOOR in about an hour!

Cathy V
17-05-08, 14:18
Hi never, you're revealing more and more of your feelings about venturing out of your 'safe place'. When you first posted you gave the impression that you were comfortable with leaving home and travelling etc, and i was inclined to say that maybe it wasn't agoraphobia after you asked the question about it. But now i read this post and sympathise with your feelings, because it certainly sounds as if you do actually have a little anxiety about travelling. But you also sound like a strong person to face it and try to get through it the way that you do. Thats so positive, well done.

Have a great day with your family. I#m about to go out to a spring fair with my own daughter and its raining and i'm feeling v.nervous coz there will be so many people, but will keep smiling and get through it too :) :)

Keep posting, you have alot of friends here ok?
Cathy V xx

miss_moo
17-05-08, 15:06
Just an update, i have just spoken to my travel insurers (forgot i had free holiday insurance with my bank, HSBC) and told them i suffered with Anxiety and they said because my condition was physcological?? it wouldn't be covered by the insurance. My main worry was that if i say fell and broke my leg that wouldn't i wouldn't be covered because of my anxiety, but he said no, that anything other than my Anxiety would be covered. This is fine, if my Anxiety is really bad that i'll just stay in the apartment or hire a mobility scooter because it's when i walk i start to feel dizzy!
I don't care if i'll be like Madge off Benidorm!! as it was said last nite! 'Why walk when you can glide!' lol:winks:

heatwave
17-05-08, 16:14
Good luck, Miss Moo. You'll do it, I know you will, even if you have to hire a scooter. When my anxiety was at its worst I had to use a wheelchair in order to travel along the hospital corridors to my appointment with my psychologist. I felt silly with a porter pushing me but hey, if it helps then who cares?
I can walk a fair distance now but tire very easily and have to have a handy bench in sight when I am in town. I've gone from being housebound to going out on a bus into town within the space of a couple of months. If I can do it so can you!

love
Sue