PDA

View Full Version : newbie

optimist?
17-05-08, 14:13
well, just reached 40 and finding myself in a bit of a hole. Great friend of mine pointed me in the direction of NMP and I thank her for it big time. Have done the whole recovery thing and thought I had the anxiety and depression thing licked! complacency bit me on me rump and the downward spirall began! Came to a head last night when, in the pub with friends i just had to leave as soon as poss as could feel the overwhealming doom and gloom bearing down on me. Read a few sites (yeah I know I need to exercise more and drink less caffeine and alcohol and all the other stuff!). Being a talkative chap as I am I soon realised that i just need to share and chat about stuff. Found the old sitearoony and so starts my own, personal therapy.
I wish i were a glow worm a glow worm s never glum cuz how can u b grumpy when the sun shines out ur bum. kinda says it all really!

marie1974
17-05-08, 14:51
hiya and welcome, you will gain loads of advice and support here and make friends too. theres a chat room with lovely people and loads of information on here too and best of all no one judging anyone and we all care hugs xxx

Cathy V
17-05-08, 16:26
Hi there, good to meet you and thanks so much for the little ditty about the glo-worm, never heard that one before and has made me chuckle so much :D :D See, you're helping already and you've only been here 5 minutes! Theres loads of help and advice about anxiety and panic so you're in a great place.

Catcha later
Cathy V xx

Lilith1980
17-05-08, 18:32
Hi Optimist

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

optimist?
17-05-08, 18:39
Hey Jo Cathy And Donna. Thanks for the welcome! Feels like home already! xxx

chalky
18-05-08, 00:29
Hi Optimist,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
18-05-08, 12:30
Hello Optimist And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well........linda

kellie
18-05-08, 13:57
hiya Optimist, :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice and reasurance from this great site and its members. you will also make some great friends along the way. keep your posts coming about any worrys you have and we will do our best to help and advise.
love and happiness
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

hunny_as
18-05-08, 16:10
hello and welcome

as everyone else says you will get lots of support from everyone on here

Amanda xx

smudgie
18-05-08, 18:21
Hi optimist?

Im so glad you found us :welcome: to the site.

talking is hard when you find talking difficult but once you meet people here you will get into the flow of talking and get some help along the way.

I will be 40 this year and I must say Im not looking forward to it. As my life has been crap so far I just wish I could turn back the clock and feel I could live a better life.

We all think that but unfortunately for us souls that cant happen.

we are here
take care
smudgie

optimist?
18-05-08, 19:36
hey smudgie. Have to say that I was truly dreading my birthday. not because it was the big 40 but because birthdays are not good for me to the "present" that I recieved from my step-father on my fifth birthday. no need for detail here but lets just say it didnt make it an aniversary to celebrate. Having recently moved in to live as a lodger with some truly wonderful friends, one of whom put me in touch with this site, I was given an amazing birthday. Nothing big or brash, as i made it clear I would hate it! Just my two friends their two daughters and their perspective partners. Winnie the pooh tablecloth and an eeyore cake! It was an emotional moment, the most emotional since the birth of my son 15 years ago. My landlady ,Linda, later said that she did it to help me to reclaim my life, and birthdays, for myself. A simpl, heartfelt act that has truly changed my life forever. They may never realise this as I do not feel that I can find the words to express this adequately! Enjoy yur borthday Smudgie, as a start to a new you and to celebrate your strengths and all that you truly value. It will never be the same once you do.
All the best
Q