PDA

View Full Version : spots and the pill

scooby28
17-05-08, 15:06
Hi ya, I just wandered if anyone who has been on the same contraceptive pill for a few years started getting spots almost like acne and alot of whiteheads too.

Well i'm only 28 i have been using my current pill for probably 5 years and over the last year i have noticed that i have been getting spots worse each day until about 7 weeks ago i had a full face full which were nearly acne looking.

I have never really suffered with bad spots and i'm finding this quiter bad.
I noticed the other week when i stopped my pill for the week my spots completely cleared and i though great they must be finally going but i started my pill again and within days they have flared up again so i thought maybe all of a sudden my pill could be causing them.

I just wandered if anyone has experienced anything like this. My current pill is overanette.

marie1974
17-05-08, 15:12
hiya i was on cileste for few months and got terrible spots and i was always hungry, and very agitated oh and also felt sick. i originally was on mercilon for years and was fine but werent allowed to use it anymore. so mayb just yr bodys changing and you need a change xxx

scooby28
17-05-08, 15:15
i keep thinking it's different things causing them but as they completely cleared when i stopped the pill for a week it makes more sense it could be this, i'm at the docs tues and i'm gonna mention it to him.
i think there is a pill which helps with acne maybe they might let me try that one to see if it helps or aggrees with me.

marie1974
17-05-08, 15:17
yes i would mention it and mayb you need a change now but it is definately pill related its very common so please dont worry xxxx

scooby28
17-05-08, 15:32
it wasn't until they cleared last week that i thought it could have anything to do with it as i have been on it for years now and my skin has always been pretty clear really, Thanks for replying.