PDA

View Full Version : help missed heart beats again

debera
17-05-08, 19:13
hi can any one help. does anyone ever get the missed beat really strong like they are going up on a lift and with this their head feels funny it hard to explain maybe like a head rush. i am starting to really panic. and how often do they get them a in a day. help would really be appreciated.
debera

Cathy V
17-05-08, 19:31
Hi debera,
I think it has something to do with the pause between the beats. Sometimes the 'dropped' beat happens quite quicly but other times there seems to be a longer pause before the next beat. This can up your anx enough to make you feel lightheaded, and yes your anx can be upped in seconds to this level believe me! Don't think its anything to do with lack of oxygen or anything like that coz its not..honest. We always think we're gonna pass out don't we, it might make an interesting poll to see how many of us with anx/panic ectopics actually have. I never have, ever..you?

Hope this helps a little
cathy xxx :)

amandaj
17-05-08, 19:37
hi debra i get it nearly all day everyday its scary but i been having it for months and im still here hope you feel better soonxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

debera
17-05-08, 20:52
aww thanks cathy and amanda. it makes me feel better that other people get these and that i am not alone in this. although i wouldnt wish ectopics on anyone. yes cathy it would be and interesting pole to see if anyone has passed out from these. i never have either. anyway thank you both i really appreciate it
debera x x x x :hugs: :hugs:

jellybelly
17-05-08, 21:19
Hi
I have been suffering from ectopic heartbeat for a long time, when its particularly bad, usually at night, i just have to think that I am still here, i have had all the tests done and they came back clear, but still, when your in bed and you can feel your heart jumping about, all that seems to go out of the window. I take great comfort from knowing that other people have this too, as none of my friends have them and they just look at me strangely when I talk about it.
Hope that helps
Take care,
Jellybelly

debera
17-05-08, 23:55
thank you jelly belly. i know what you mean people who dont have ec
topic dont fully understand what we are going through
debera
x x x:hugs:

Alisonj
18-05-08, 04:37
My doctor tried to explain it to me by telling me people who suffer with anxiety are way more in tune with there body and can feel everything compared to others. He said almost everyone has missed beats here and there etc but we tend to always know and feel them when they happen to us and then of course there is the problem of the anxiety bringing them on as well.
I know how scary they are and I have been to the hospital more than once with them. All I can do to try and help is remember that each time I have been ok, I am still here.
Hugs to you!

jodie
18-05-08, 10:35
hiya hun:hugs:

i am so sorry these bloody things are still bothering you .

like i have sead i get them to most days andi know how you are feeling it will pass deb but only when you calm down and try relax (very hard i know)

i think the beats your feeling are missed ones and not extra beats

i will call you today for a natter ok:)

jodie xxxxx

debera
18-05-08, 12:54
Thank you Alison and Jodie for you support. its funny when i go to bed at night they dont seem to be bad but when i wake up in the morning and start to panic and think of them then they start with a vengence. So i guess that prove to me that anxiety is bringing them on. But its hard to change your mind set at times. Thank you everyone for your support
love debera
x x x:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

scouser1959
18-05-08, 14:47
hi im getting these missed beats most of the day all day if i checked my pulse without the beats its a steady 80 but when i have got the missed beats there is a pause im terrified something is going to happen i have had 3 ecgs ( the beats didnt happen) and 2 lots of blood tests all normal what is going on im scared i have got angina or heart disease can someone help me?

debera
18-05-08, 18:31
hi scouser
i am in the same boat as you right now i have been getting the missed beats all day everyday so i know just how you feel. it hard to believe that they are all down to anxiety. deep down inside i know they are. i guess we have to just except these things for time being and try to discract ourselves. pm me if you like
debera:hugs: :hugs:

scouser1959
18-05-08, 20:22
hi debera thank you for your reply it was reassuring to hear i dont want to sound ignorant you mentioned i could pm you? im new to this site so i dont know what it means! can you get back to me? these missed beats just are not going away im so scared of them its awful, but im so glad i found this website its been really helpful.

debera
18-05-08, 20:36
hi scouser
are you feeling anybetter? pm means private message. look on the left side of the page and you will see. welcome scouser. then below that it will say private messages. click on that and you will be able to private message me. as i have said i know how you feel i am really panicky lately with these missed beats. maybe we can help each other with these horrid ectopics. nice to hear from you again
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

richieshealth
29-09-08, 00:44
Hi, Debra. Whats your sleep patterns like, I used to work a dreaded 6to2 2to10 10to6 alternate weekly shift and I got loads of irregular heart beats. These were more flutters very fast spasm like, not so much the slowing sensation. I don't get a thing now i sleep right.. Keep an eye on it and keep well

debera
29-09-08, 01:12
HI
they had gotten better for awhile. just latley i caught a bad cold and havent been sleeping properly and now today they are back with a vengence. So that could be alot of the problem.
thank you
debera:hugs: :hugs:

Andyroo
29-09-08, 04:10
when i first started having panic attacks my heart was skipping beats big time! after a few years it honestly dosent bother me anymore.. i guess i kinda got used to it. but trust me it felt just like u described it. once you realise its not going to hurt you, it wont bother you anymore. stay strong! you will get threw this!:shades:

debera
29-09-08, 12:25
thank you malv
love debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: