PDA

View Full Version : any one got any tips with flying please xx

rossi
18-05-08, 12:25
hi would like to hear from anyone who has any tips for flying.keep thinking might freak out on there and then what.lol xx:shades:

amandaj
18-05-08, 12:32
hi i went to mauritius early last year and was terriffied of flying , i got some diazepam off dr which helped so much maybe you could give those a go?

rossi
18-05-08, 12:36
hi thanks for advice i have diazapam i used it on the last flight it did help but i still got all that funny dizzy feeling when waking around the airport waiting to go on the plain.just all the aniexty stuff really.xx

chalky
18-05-08, 12:48
Hi Rossi,

It's all in the preparation.
Take plenty of things to distract yourself-books,music,games.
Challenge the anxiety-think about the purpose of the trip,the flight is only a means to an end.Think of the enjoyment you will find at your destination-the fun you will have.
Enjoy your trip!!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

Cathy V
18-05-08, 15:16
Hi there, since i moved over to germany last summer i fly back to uk about every three months to visit family. I hate the flying for 2 reasons, one is the obvious about crashing, and the other is being in a confined space coz of my claustrophobia. Its only a one and a half hr flight so I don't feel trapped for too long.

I must admit to having a glass of wine in the departures bar and another on the flight coz i have a fear of taking benzos since my addiction to them many years ago, tho i'm now addicted to betablockers but thats another story :wacko: but i have friends who have taken the odd one for flying and its got them through. i believe if you have no probs with them theyre really good for things like this.

When i'm on the plane I also focus on the fact that the people working on it do it every day, every week, every month etc. its their job and if they can do it 2 or 3 times a day across to europe and back, then surely i can do it that one time.

Best wishes
Cathy xx:)

kazzie
18-05-08, 16:27
Hi:D

My neice worked for many years as cabin crew for Virgin doing a lot of long haul flights:ohmy:

Myself and my sister(her mum) would always worry about her but she was fine:yesyes:

She left the job and 6 weeks later had a horrendous car crash 50 yards from home:weep:

She is fine now tho:yesyes:

So flying cant be that dangerous can it???

Hope you manage it

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Ps that said I dont fly anymore but for different reasons:whistles:

alexis
18-05-08, 22:17
Hi I hate flying, but love whats on offer at the other end, I go every year and twice if possible, a couple of years ago I did a wonderful holiday in Egypt which involved 5 internal flights, I thought I would die but somebody else booked it so I had to go, i went online as I do now and look at whats on offer at the destination, I then ring my GP and get valium for the flights, I then got to the airport with a survival kit,which contains classical music, blu tac to twiddle and a crossword or sudoko kit, I will have a drink and sit and watch the people, wondering who they are with and what they do for a living etc,I dont like crowds or people in my space so find a corner, when they shout for boarding I always go last,but I survive as you will.When do you go? and Where?

clickaway
19-05-08, 01:04
Yep, try and focus on the destination and what it means to you.

I have a friend who won't fly, and so goes to Spain by coach as he doesn't like the train either.

But when a special lady in his life invited him over to Hong Kong, he had no problems flying at all!

Just focus on the positive!