PDA

View Full Version : My ectopics are really bad at moment as well.

countrygirl
18-05-08, 22:35
Given how many posts at moment are we all super stressed??

I have had ectopics for over 20 yrs and keep reminding myself I am still here. I get them in bad attacks lasting for weeks on end or even months where everytime I sit down or relax they go mad - every 3rd beat is an ectopic. Iget the sinking feeling and also heavy feeling in chest which is scary.

I have had a 24 ecg every 3-5yrs for past 15 yrs and also echocardiogram 7 yrs ago and told harmless but very unpleasant.

I cannot find anything that seems to trigger them off. When I am good times I only notice about one missed beat a day but then over space of a few days they start building up until I am at my worst. I have tried cutting out caffeine and made no difference and vise versa when I was in a good spell I drank large coffee daily for weeks and it didn't set them off!! My Dr said keep my potassium up as in suspectible people a pot level of less than 5 ( mine tends to be around 5) can trigger ectopics so eating a banana a day again doens't help.

My ectopics are always worse at rest especially sitting down and bending forward or laying down in bed. Sometimes if feels as if my chest flutters and that awful sinking feeeling.

Sorry for the moan but as usual freaking out . May ask my Gp for another 24hr ecg as its 3 yrs since last one.

Cathy V
18-05-08, 22:50
Hiya, yes its amazing how we let these ectopics get to us, and since joining nmp, ive seen that soooo many of us get them, yet we still worry about them don't we? I get them same as you, sometimes i can go months without them except for one or two small ones every few days. I'm in the middle of the longest run of them ive ever had, over a couple of months now, but i do think that my meds contribute to them now to be honest, so vicious circle i guess. I'm 54 now and had my first bout of them in my 20's and like you have had all the tests regularly. In fact i'm due to pick up another monitor this thurs for yet another 24hr test...ho hum :huh:

I think many of the ectopic sufferers on here have been told we're ok, but sometimes its just nice to hear it from another sufferer. I also think that the menopause has made my anx levels higher so thats another possible reason...hormones have alot to answer for at any age though!

Cathy xx :)

BeltaineInchy
20-05-08, 19:40
Have you tried Propranolol?

My ectopics got up to about ten a minute the other day and of course I was having a heart attack and whipped myself off to hospital. Bloody things slowed down by the time I got there of course and doc confirmed that they were simple ectopics.

I got home and put myself on 10mg of propranolol the following day when they came back and now after a couple of days they seem to be under control.

All I have to do now is get my stress levels down :D

Oh and get the doc to prescribe me some more propranolol if these run out

Inchy
/|\

countrygirl
20-05-08, 22:34
I can't take beta blockers because I was asthmatic as a child and once asthmatic always asthmatic even if you haven't any symptoms the Dr's say so afraid this class of drug is out for me.

Glad it helps with you though.