PDA

View Full Version : Major Panic Attacks. Help

Willow1
19-05-08, 01:19
I am sitting writing this through streams of tears. I have been having Panic attacks for 25 years now, and I really can't cope with it anymore. Part of me is petrified that I am going to die whilst another part of me wished that I would die, so that I can have some peace.

Please help.:weep:

never2late
19-05-08, 01:54
Even with panic attacks, a sense of peace can still come with understanding, Willow. You'll find a lot of info. here at the site that may help you. Also, as I'm sure you're already aware after 25 years of them, this one will begin to fade shortly. Sometimes we just need to ride them out. I know that you will feel very glad that its over -- AND that you're still around to enjoy another day. Coming here is your first step to management and coping skills -- so you're already on your way!

Willow1
19-05-08, 02:10
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I know that you are right and this will pass, but your response helped me to focus in a more positive way.
Thankyou.

mandie
19-05-08, 09:28
Hi Willow1

Hope u are feeling better today.

love mandie x

Willow1
19-05-08, 15:16
Hi Mandie. I am so happy to tell you that I am feeling so much better today, even in spite of only having 5 hours sleep.
I am really pleased that I found this site, it truly is a lifeline.
Thanks so much for your post and concern. I also hope that you are feeling well.
Love Willow1 x

Willow1
19-05-08, 15:42
A huge thank you to all of the members at no more panic. I don't think I could have got through last night with your support and I feel so much better today.:yesyes:

charmain24
19-05-08, 16:35
hi willow. ive been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for 5 years now i used to think the same as u years ago i couldnt get out of bed my husband had to take time of work to look after me and my son who was only one at the time. I lay there crying for days i thought i was dying. my mum told me i was going to go into a nervous breakdown which made me worse. i started getting house bound didnt leave the house for a year they just took over my life.i then started suffering with depression. I used to think my life was over that i would never beable to work again and never have any more kids or go on holiday or do normal things that people take for granted. but i can honestly say it does get better i saw a physciatrist an it helped me i have now been out the house been on holiday i had a part time job and i have had another child. it hasnt been easy but time is a heeler they say. my panic attacks have come back worse than ever now because i came of my antidepressants i found that these did help. so i am bk on them now and just waiting for them to kick in as im starting to get bk to my old ways where im scared to leave the house. theres gotta be light at th end of the tunnel xx

Willow1
19-05-08, 16:49
Hi Charmaine, thank you for telling me about your experience with panic attacks and depression. I'm not sure that coming off meds is always helpful really. I always try to come off when I am not feeling too bad. But the main reason I do this is because I am scared that it will get much worse and if I am already taking the highest dose what help can I get.
You have done really well, you have achieved so much. I haven't worked for 2 years now. I just can't face letting people down. I too had therapy which helped a lot, I felt so in control for a year or so, then wham.... I know that it will be a really scary and hard time when I go back to therapy. But deep in my heart I know that any form of peace can only come from inside of me.
I truly wish you the very best and hope that you can get back to a 'better place'. We just have to remember we have done it once and we can do it again and they do pass eventually. Please don't think I am trying to minimise our problems because I'm not, just trying to be as positive as I can. Wish me luck we are flying back home on Saturday and I am already trying not to think the flight and not to catastrophise it. Also remember your husband sounds like a wonderful man and he will support you whatever.
xxx
xx

kellie
19-05-08, 19:27
hiya willow. i hope you are doing ok today. plz remember that a panic attack is just your body over reacting to stress or anxitey. no one has been known to have died from a panic attack. there are ways to control it. here are some of mine.
when you feel a pa comeing on dont fear it tell your self this carnt hurt you and it will pass in few mins (your fear feeds it )
breath slowly and deeply and sip water until the worst of it is over.
keep water in the fridge so it is nice and cold it works better
eat well at least to good meals a day
stay away from high energy drinks and alcohol and too much coffee/tea if you can.
get plenty of exercise take walks or go to a gym or swimming.
believe me all of these things help if you can stick to them.
i wish you all the best and things do get better you just need to stay postive and retrain your brain into knowing this.
love and happiness
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxx

Willow1
20-05-08, 23:35
Hi Kellie,
Thanks so much for your message and advice. I am feeling better now and plan to work in a more positive way even when I feel ok. I am starting to realise that I need to work with in all the time and not just when I feel awful.
Love Willow xx