PDA

View Full Version : Gum infection

Lissy43
19-05-08, 07:11
I am so in the wars at the moment.

I am suffering with an infection in the gum around the wisdom tooth, its swollen and very sore. I saw dentist thursday who cleaned it all out but it ot worse and saturday my auntie who works in a dentist got me in as an emergency there where he cleaned it again and prescribed anti bs, 250mg amoxicillin, 3 a day for 5 days. I have so far taken 6 doses and I feel no better at all. I am dreading having to go back and them saying I need a different antibiotic, I know i sound stupid but I once had a nasty allergic reaction to an anti depresant and its now made me very scared to take medicines ive not taken before.

I so hope if I go back today he wants to try a different anti b. Surely the amoxicilin should work? how long should they taken to kick in?

My mum had them for an absess and they took 3-4 days but isn't an absess alot worse than a gum infection?

Trixie
19-05-08, 07:15
I would give it a little while yet before you worry.:)

marie1974
19-05-08, 07:41
hi there i have had the same as you befoe and had amoxicillin too, they are very slow in working and unfortunatelly they do do the job but you wont feel the benefit until nearly at the end of the course, thats how they work but please persevere they are good just takes time b4 working hugs xxx