PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

msusparty23
19-05-08, 08:55
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Tyler I'm a 21 year old college student/athlete. I'm glad that I have found this website, throughout my life and even to this day I have had many episodes that seemed to be linked to panic attacks and aniexty. I started having a lot of dizzy spells and panic attacks when I was younger during my junior high years. I was in the doctors office between 1-2 times a week trying to figure out was wrong. The attacks would vary from time to time. When I entered high school I didn't know what to expect. I had a lot of friends, athletic and felt like everything was perfect, but time and time again I would experience aniexty, breathing problems, nausea and other symptoms. I missed a lot of class time during high school through the years because of these attacks. I'm now a college baseball player and I continue to battle with this problem all the time. This problem has effected me in the classroom and also on the baseball field. For the past 2 months I've had a lot of problems with nausea, headaches and very odd feeling. This best way to describe this feeling is almost like I don't exist, when I look at people it feels like i'm looking through someone elses eyes. This is by far one of the worse feelings ever and it makes me angry cause I want to get rid of it. The past 2 weeks I've had massive headaches, espcially on the left side of my head and even behind my eyes. I'm afraid its more than just a headache, hoping that its not a brain tumor. I'm open with my parents but its hard to explain this feelings that I have. Sometimes I'll sleep all day and they think i'm just lazy, which is not the case at all. I've never been on meds, I haven't seen a doctor about the situation for over a year, I've basically tried to deal with it, but i want to get better i want to continue with school and be able to play the game that i love. I know this is a long first post. I guess i just need some guidance, is there any medications that anyone recommends? Should I go and see a doctor right away? Thanks for any help and again I'm glad I found this website.

-Tyler

kellie
19-05-08, 09:30
hiya tyler,:welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
my daughter has had anx/panic for 2 years now and her main symptoms are the left sided headaches and pain behind her eyes. she still believes she has a brain tumour but with the help of counselling and cbt theropy we are getting things into a better way of thinking. i do suggest you go back to ur doc and talk about how you are feeling and what ur fears are, write it all down and take it with you on ur visit so you dont forget anything. its never a good idea to try to cope alone, the anx/panic is to good at scaring you when you dont have support with it.
keep posting about what ever no matter how silly you may think it is and we will help as best we can. remember a silly thought can become a scary one if you dont talk about it.
love and happiness
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
19-05-08, 13:48
Hi Tyler,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
19-05-08, 14:04
Hi Tyler

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

never2late
20-05-08, 00:42
Hi Tyler and welcome to the forum.

Lindalou64
20-05-08, 01:32
Hello Tyler And Welcome Have You Ever Had Coucelin Or Cbt....one Day You Will Get There Hang In There...i Wish Ya Well............linda