PDA

View Full Version : hiya, sorry for starting another one of these!

hoppipolla
19-05-08, 13:01
Hi again!

It actually feels a bit weird being back on NMP, I've had no internet for ages as I recently moved!

But anywho I still find myself pretty lonely a lot, and as I've been single for some time now with just quite a few bumps and like, heartbreaks and stuff since my last proper gf aaaages ago i guess I'm mainly still looking for something which might turn into something more.

Good friends and people to just hang out with are always welcome too though, I've found myself alone a bit too much recently!

So anyway erm, maybe I'll say a bit about myself! I'm 23 years old and I live in Kent near London, I really like adventures and hot weather and just seeing the world and stuff, which is why I have been wanting for aaages to go travelling or something but haven't managed to make it reality just yet! My other big life plan is to learn how to be self-employed, as I would love the freedom, and want to support things like fair trade goods and environmentally friendly stuff!

In spare time I at the moment play too many console games (on my Nintendo Wiiii and DS!) and see friends, but most of all I love things like camping, exploring, usually spontaneous outdoorsy things like climbing and swimming, umm... that kinda thing! I guess I'm still finding my place in life and finding what makes me happy. I also really love listening to music (usually happy stuff - indie, ska punk, reggae, but used to be into more artistic music lots too like Sigur Ros (hence my name!)) and I've done a lot with computers and particularly Linux. I actually work in CEX (Computer Exchange) at the moment, but I really think I want to distance myself from computers now to experience the world more and see more things.

Ok so that's me really! As you have probably guessed I have fairly hippyish tendencies, and tend to like dressing kind of hippy/punky/surfer...y. :)

Okie well that's it, I hope I get some replies and maybe I'll start posting on here more again, I missed this place!

Mike / Hoppi !

PS Oh! and the main places I want to visit if I travel are America (I'd love to see California and Florida, and the beaches and everything!), Italy and Spain and Greece (as I have family in Italy and I think Malta) and just generally amazing countries with lots of history and adventures! Ok yeah that's it i'll go now! hehe :)

hoppipolla
05-06-08, 17:53
._. i need to work on my pen pal posts lol

lorac
05-06-08, 17:58
Hello hoppipolla

Welcome back to NMP hope you get to visit all those lovely places, Florida is a great place.

Carol
x

Oceanblue
05-06-08, 18:47
Woa - You sound very like myself :). I love all the things you've mentioned too ! I love art, photography, traveling, surfing and music and by the sound of it, even dress like yourself,.. (only i'm 32 :blush:). I don't think i'll ever grow up see :) but what the hell,.. it's fun !

I have two kiddies aged 5yrs and 9yrs,.. they both love similar - traveling, the sea, the beaches, music, art, photography, street dancing and karate. We've just come back from Wales, (attempting) to surf yet again :ohmy:, brill laugh.

You mentioned that you're interested in running your own business with Fair Trade Stuff, that sounds cool,... fancy going into partnership ? :money: lol. My partners 29, he runs his own business, only in boring old Plastering, but he's been doing this for years now and has done really well, so i'm not really complaining, he's a great guy,.. so if you ever need any advice, give us a shout, he'll be more than happy to help.

It's funny that you mentioned Californa, i'm guessing it's because you love surfing and the lifestyle,.. we would all love to go there too. Infact, it's my little boys dream, has been mine for many, many years lol.

We all love traveling. When I was younger I traveled around the greek islands for a year. My dream is the travel Asia, hopefully with my partner, kiddies and whoever wants to join us later, after they've left school, (only I'm sure, they'd wanna go alone by then). Maybe, we'll travel our own ways :) .

We don't live far from Kent, so if you if ever want to chat, PM me and i'll send you my MSN addy.

Take it easy xx

Kate408
06-06-08, 12:21
Well, i'm 23 too. I live really quite far away from Kent (down in li'l ol' Devon).

I would love to do outdoorsy stuff. I went paintballing with my uni mates once and it was SOOOOOO much fun. However..... (didn't you just know there was going to be a "but"!?), for some reason I let my panics get the better of me. I dream of being able to do what I want, but I just can't seem to get there!!! I mean, living near dartmoor AND the coast gives many opportunities, but alas, I don't take them! I am hoping to get back into surfing soon though. Had a lesson the end of last summer, and want to get back into it (think it's realistic too, as my best friend and her hubby go surfing, so hopefully i'll be able to tag along with them, and I will be able to go!!!)

Anyhoo, if you want to make friends (/other) in your area, have you tried the NMP facebook group!? You can always message me if you're bored though! :)

Take care and I hope you find someone to fulfill all your adventurous plans!!! :)

xxxx

hoppipolla
08-06-08, 20:02
hi again sorry i was quiet, thank you for the posts!

I actually popped on this thread one other time but it was really really late, and this is the first chance I've had since then!

It was really cool reading your post katie as it's always cool to hear from people who have some advice or have managed to do some of the things you are working towards doing as then it makes it all seem more possible! It sounds like you have a really nice family too, it's great your kids are into some of that outdoorsy stuff and have places they'd like to see!

and kate thanks for the nice post too! to be honest i didn't know there was a facebook group i'll definitely have to check that out. I don't know why i can get so lonely and i do try to kinda, find ways of thinking that make myself more comfortable being single or whatever, but i dunno i just think i have a very emotional mind! and don't worry about finding it difficult to do things like surfing, just keep giving yourself opportunities to try and try to just enjoy the experience and go with the flow. Man i wish i could take my own advice! hehe :)

and paintballing's good fun yeah ^_^ although i haven't been in aaaages hehe

anywho take care all, and also thanks for the nice words Carol, I don't know why I've been so inactive on the forums recently.

Ok chat soon! Maybe i'll send some PMs and pop on facebook!

Mike ^_^