PDA

View Full Version : Any advice etc welcome.....

kazzie
19-05-08, 13:28
Hi :D

Im in a bit of a pickle here:wacko:

I have been looking for a job for ages now, I have mobility problems and sometimes need to use a wheelchair or walking stick, so that rules out quite a few jobs!!!

Anyhow my ideal job appears in the paper on Saturday......working 5 afternoons a week in an undertakers arranging funerals:)

It gives the number and says ring Mr so an so for a chat and to arrange an interview

Do you think I can pluck up the guts to ring:mad: as soon as I think about it I start to panic and Im now worried that Im not as cured as I thought I was cos the thought of any sort of responsibility terrifies me:weep:

Can anyone else relate to this:shrug:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

chalky
19-05-08, 13:33
Hi Kazzie,

Dr Klaus von Spottybutt once said:-

"Just feckin do it!" :doh: :whistles:

If you don't,you will worry about "what if I had..?"
If you do,at the very least,you will know that you tried.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying!!
Believe in yourself!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

Cathy V
19-05-08, 13:46
Hi Kaz, I think you're being too hard on yourself, your anx about this isn't because of any set-backs, its because its a naturel reaction felt by most people in the same situation, anx sufferers or not! Go for it girl :yesyes:

Chalky...you always make me smile :)
Cathy xx

Lilith1980
19-05-08, 14:09
I have a bit of a block when it comes to ringing people too hun. I guess I worry that the person on the end of the phone will be annoyed with me.

But the best advice I ever gave myself was to just go for it, and when I do phone people there's never been a problem.

You want this job, the funeral directors are expecting people to ring, so I'm sure they will be very pleased to hear from you :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

amandaj
19-05-08, 14:33
sorry i got no advice to offer as such but ring it and get that dream job go for it and best of luck

amanda xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jo61
19-05-08, 14:36
If the job is right for you, then it'll work out. If it makes your anx worse then it's not right. You'll never know if you don't phone; what have you got to lose. Go for it!!:D

tayside lassie
19-05-08, 15:07
kazzie ....do it just PHONEEEEEE http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_23.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYGB)

[/URL]

[URL="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb096_ZNxdm824YYGB&utm_id=7924"]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYGB)

dianes
19-05-08, 16:19
Hi Kaz :D

I agree with the post that said it is natural to feel anxious about phoning for a job. Tell yourself YOU CAN DO THIS and make the phone call :yesyes:

You will regret it if you don't. We will all be keeping our fingers (and anything else) crossed for you. :yesyes: :yesyes:

Let us know how you get on.

Diane

'Remember, your imagination is always much worse than the reality'

Piglet
19-05-08, 16:24
Kaz you could do it in your sleep - go on ring them!! :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

kazzie
19-05-08, 17:19
Thanks Guys:hugs:

So I finally rang them:yesyes:

And the bloke I needed to speak too isent in till Wednesday:mad:

The one who answered the phone sounded well miserable tho:wacko:

Will keep you all posted.....I will be ringing again on Wednesday:yesyes:

Thank you all:hugs:

honeybee3939
19-05-08, 19:44
:yesyes: :yesyes: Well done Kazz for getting the courage to phone!

Will look forward to hearing about what happens on Wednesday, good luck:flowers:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

tayside lassie
19-05-08, 21:29
thats great that you phoned kaz so happy for ya hope all goes well ...

kazzie
19-05-08, 23:08
Thanks Guys:hugs:

Will keep ya posted:yesyes:

kazzie
21-05-08, 13:51
Hello:D

Well job done He has posted me an application form:ohmy:

Felt the panic rising just thinking about work so had a diazipam:wacko:

I just hope that Im as cured as I believed Im starting to wonder if I have designed my life so I never have to be in a situation where I may panic so I think Im cured when in fact Im not:shrug:

Dunno if anyone can relate to this at all:shrug:

Kaz x:hugs:

Pink Panic
21-05-08, 13:56
A big well done for phoning :yesyes:

I guess you have to start believing in yourself but us anxer's (is that a word? lol)
find that sooo hard! I know i keep thinking i can do things and then when i have to go ahead and do it, it's sooo hard as the anx thoughts are always in the background.
Hope this makes sense and helps.

Good luck with it all, hope to hear how you got on. :hugs:

Pink
xxx

kazzie
31-05-08, 19:58
Thanks everyone:D

Well the form arrived and has been completed along with a copy of my CV and a covering letter:yesyes:

Will let you know if I get an interview:yesyes:

jo61
31-05-08, 20:06
Well done Kazzie. Great to have got this far. Look forward to hearing what happens :hugs:

kazzie
31-05-08, 20:41
Thanks jo:hugs:

flowerhorn
02-06-08, 12:03
I can understand ur part on picking the phone but if u really get the job, would u have enough courage to survive those eriee nights?

Anyway while waitng for the job, would u like to earn money online at home just by clicking or searching the net? It doesn't require any skills at all other than clickings. And it does pay too even though a very small amount of money.

As the saying go, taking the first step is everything. If you are interested,I would recommend join Mysearchfunds and PTC sites such as neobux (u can request for payout when it reaches 2 dollars) or bux.to (this has been around for years,they will definitely pay you.

Visit my blog to find out the tips on mysearchfunds. Dun simply search abnormally.They will ban you. Each search normally pay you o.o1 euro. After you search, click the website concerned.

kazzie
02-06-08, 13:36
Thanks Flower:)

There are no eerie nights lol.....its a day job Mon to Fri!!!

I have to go back to work.....I have spent 2 years sitting in here since I was made redundant.....I used to work from home but its time I rejoined the real world again:wacko:

Thanks for the tips tho:yesyes:

Kaz x x x

bottleblond
02-06-08, 13:44
Awwwwww Kazz hun, you made me howl with laughter!! bleedin ell!!! your ideal job in an undertakers :roflmao: God hun that's tickled me pink, it really has.

I'm going to keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you get this job, your a lovely person with a huge heart so i think you'd be great!!

Very best of luck mate
Love Lisa
xxxxxxxxx

bottleblond
02-06-08, 13:50
Kazz you hve just reminded me of a wee story

When i was 4, my dad was taking me on the bus to visit my gran. Not far from where we lived was a massive graveyard.

As the bus stopped at the graveyard, i allegedly jumped to my feet pointing and shouting " Daddy Daddy look, that's where all the dead people live"!!! :doh:

I should have been a natural blonde instead of a bottleblonde lol

Love Lisa
xxxxx

kazzie
02-06-08, 16:41
Thanks Flower:)

Lol Blondy:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I dont know why I fancy working in an undertakers really:shrug:

Still got to be asked for an interview first.....and manage to attend it:whistles:

kazzie
03-06-08, 21:25
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: OMG

Got a letter this morning to go for an interview on 12th June at 1.15pm:yesyes:

Let the panic commence:whistles: