PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping..

belle
19-05-08, 14:28
This is really beginning to bother me.

I am sleeping all the time. I get up around 7.30 and then by 9 i am exhausted again. This pattern continues all day. I can easily sleep throughout the day.

Right now i am struggling to stay awake. I should NOT be this tired. I don't do anything to make me want to sleep so much. I have zero energy...my eyes have the biggest black circles under them.

I have spoken to the doctor about it and he just brushes over it.

I hear people say "Ohh, i'm tired" but i really feel totally washed out, ALL the time.

x

noonoo
19-05-08, 14:44
I'm also like that at the moment. I feel constantly exhausted even after a good nights sleep!

xxx

countrygirl
19-05-08, 23:07
Two questions - have you been tested for diabetes and thryoid problems??

My husband has diabetes and his first and only symptom was unbelievble tiredness he literally fell asleep half way through a sentence during the day.
An underactive thryoid which I have can undiagnosed cause terrible tiredness but I would also expect you to have other symptoms such as weight gain and dry skin/hair loss etc etc.

HOpefully you have and all is well. I have been told that depression can cause extreme tiredness as my husband has mild manic depression and again one of the signs that he is going down hill depression wise is overwhelming tiredness.

Just a thought but most likely nothing to worry about but always worth getting these two things checked out as you can have them for years without ever getting them checked.

cattttt
20-05-08, 09:31
It could also be ME or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. If your doc won't listen, find one who will. If you have a history of anxiety, it's sometimes hard to get a doc to take you seriously, you need to be persistent - probably the last thing you feel like doing at the moment.