PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat for 4wks

Alabasterlyn
19-05-08, 14:38
About 4wks ago I woke up with a sore throat out of the blue, had felt fine before then. My voice kept breaking up and after a couple of days I had lost my voice completely which lasted a couple of days and my voice is now fine.

Although I've had odd days since then when I have felt okay, most of the time I am feeling pretty rough and nothing I am taking seems to be helping. I've bought some Manuka Honey as I was told it would cure it, gargled with salt water and also soluble aspirin. The pharmacist at Boots said I should take some extra Vit C so I bought some of that too.

When I realised about 10 days ago that I also had a slight temperature I went to see the Dr. She said she had no idea what I had, could be a virus, could be an infection, could be glandular fever, could be something that needs to be investigated at the hospital. That was when I got scared when she mentioned the hospital :ohmy:

This morning I was back at the Dr's but saw a different one in the practice. He said my throat was still red and thinks that I do have a virus but that for some reason it keeps on returning. I have some antibiotics that I was prescribed the last time I saw the Dr but haven't taken them yet as she said to only take them as a last resort as they won't help a viral sore throat.

Has anyone else had any experience of a sore throat lasting this long? I don't smoke and I don't drink but yesssss I have googled a lot and I've diagnosed myself with a zillion different conditions so far :scared15:

noonoo
19-05-08, 14:41
I've had a sore throat and cold for the past week. Apparently it's doing the rounds at the moment. Last night I got no sleep because I woke up choking and gasping for air as it's so sore and dry. It feels like there's a huge lump in my throat that's in the way.

I just keep drinking fluids hoping it'll help. My voice has gone aswell.

hope you feel better soon!
xxx

:hugs:

diane07
19-05-08, 15:19
Oh i so know where you are coming from,

i seem to have had mine forever keeps coming and going but i think mine is something to do with inner ear infection that i had 3 mths ago, my throat is red and itchy my ears keep popping and today i think its hit my sinuses, i daren't google.

But yes i have had mine for over for weeks now and some days it makes me feel so lousy.

Di xx

Trixie
19-05-08, 15:46
Oh i so know where you are coming from,

i seem to have had mine forever keeps coming and going but i think mine is something to do with inner ear infection that i had 3 mths ago, my throat is red and itchy my ears keep popping and today i think its hit my sinuses, i daren't google.

But yes i have had mine for over for weeks now and some days it makes me feel so lousy.

Di xx

A lady I know who works in Woolworths had one for weeks she had no voice either (which made life a bit difficult for us shopper):)

Alabasterlyn
19-05-08, 15:49
Well I am glad it isn't just me, although of course I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I just get very scared when Dr's start mentioning hospitals and putting cameras down your throat. Ijust want to feel well and I am getting so very frustrated that it's making my anxiety so much worse and that in turn is making me feel depressed. Right now I can't even remember what feeling well is like :weep: