PDA

View Full Version : Floaters with anxiety

phil06
19-05-08, 22:53
I've had more floaters recently and I'm worried as my eyes seem all funny and I had a nightmare where I was seeing things and today looking at the monitor on my computer I've seen my vision being blurry and white bits.

Is this normal? I have started to worry I am going mad as the depersonalization has kicked in, and the vivid dreams with the floaters have caused me to feel i am going mad. :weep:

Does anybody else get mixed symptoms like this? I have tried to stop the worrying thoughts.

tayside lassie
20-05-08, 08:17
hiya ..i get floaters in my eyes too i think when we are feeling anxious we become more aware of them ..and i get the same looking at the pc screen my eye /eyes will go out of focus for a few seconds as a floater has passed over the seeing bit of my eye and i see white bits on the screen as well ..i think the white bits are part of the eye floaters ...if they really concern you tell your G.P and they will explain all about them ..

sally

Lilith1980
20-05-08, 13:51
Hi Phil

I used to get these and not long afterwards I would get a terrible migraine.

Only had them a few times but they coincided with periods of stress.

I dont know if there is much that can be done about them, but I agree with Tayside - go and see your GP if they are concerning you and see if he/she can recommend anything :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

pigtailplaits
20-05-08, 21:38
I have terrible problems with my vision, its the first symptom i noticed when i first developed health anxiety. My vision is blurred, I have had an MRI scan and an eye test and they were both clear but i still find this symptom the most upsetting and its the one symptom that is hanging on for me. If i look outside on a clear day, i would swear it was raining coz i can see little bits dropping down, also if i look up into the sky i see lots of gel like floaters/clusters. I get lots of glare off things like traffic lights and my vision is particularly blurred if i look from a near object to a far one vice versa. Not nice

Lainie
21-05-08, 02:39
I get floaters too. You are not losing your mind. Maybe the overload of floaters freaked you out a bit and you are tuning into them. When the body is sensitized, it doesn't take much!
Lainie