PDA

View Full Version : So you hate yourself?

Bill
20-05-08, 02:49
What is an anxiety sufferer?

A worrier!...............so they worry about hurting others.

Sensitive!...............so they're very caring towards others.

Shy!.............so not an obnoxious extrovert.

Lack confidence!............so never arrogant.

Feel guilt!.............so always prepared to apologise.

Deep thinkers!............so thoughtful with their words.

Lack self-esteem!..............so never boast.

Feel inferior in looks!..............so never vain.

Hate being alone!....................so welcomes love and affection and willing to give all that's needed in return!

So Never beat yourself up for the Lovely personality you have and for Being You.........because the world would be a Lovely place if Everyone were like You!:hugs:

xBettyBoopx
20-05-08, 03:16
That's so nice Bill, thanks for sharing, however I'm still not convinved, lol:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I am not shy, just don't get on with ppl, lol:ohmy: :ohmy:
I don't feel guilty:ohmy: :ohmy:
And I don't hate being alone - cause I'm so used to it.

But I do feel all the rest:noangel: :noangel: :noangel:

http://www.zwani.com/graphics/thank_you/images/7.jpg

Love

Elspeth

Cathy V
20-05-08, 03:19
Ive never seen such a positive post about anxious people before. I love it, thanks Bill.

Cathy xxx :)

Bill
20-05-08, 03:25
Cathy:hugs: ,

Then you need to read some more of my old posts like this one........

So you think you're worthless?

Tell me you don't have any of the following traits and I'll believe you............that you don't suffer from anxiety!!!:biggrin:

Are you........

Conscientious
Even a perfectionist
Care about others and what they think
Sensitive to others feelings
Do your best for yourself and others at work or at home
Worry about hurting others
Kind and gentle, and only hit back if feel hurt
Go out of your way to help
Beat yourself up if you think you've failed
Have tremendous empathy
Compassionate
Loving

Any I've missed?

Ok.........tell me you're not any of the above or I won't believe you when you say you're weak, bad or worthless! Dare you! :emot-pinochio:

Well, all I can say is I wish the world was filled with more people who regarded themselves as "worthless" because those who think they're not are often the ones who are!:hugs:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Cathy V
20-05-08, 03:32
Hey Bill, dare i say that i absolutely recognise myself in this list. Kind of puts a bit of a different light on it yes? :)

Thanks again,
Cathy xx

Cathy V
20-05-08, 03:39
Bill, seeing as how we're prob the only ppl awake at the moment, can you just go to the new thread called ' ativan for those in need' posted by someone called olyshit, and see what you make of it. you'll also see my comment coz am confused by it. See what you think and let me know (pm if needed ok?) thanks.

Cathy xx

Bill
20-05-08, 04:21
Hello Cathy:hugs: ,

Try to see yourself in the light that IS shining on you because it's very bright and full of brilliant colours that should be admired because a person who suffers from anxiety is blind to them but a person looking on is often dazzled by them!:shades:

I've replied to the other matter!:hugs:

marie1974
20-05-08, 07:46
hi lovely bill great post and very me but in the last month i have learnt so much with cbt and im learning to be just a little more selfish and think of me more cos like u and lots of others on this site im saving my caring nature and everything else for the genuine people who do not use me and make me feel bad, lets just say my mobile contacts list have gone down dramatically and so has my msn list hehe i got rid of the negative. who cares wot people think of me and who cares wot i do cos i know im a good person, just like you hun xx

andie73
20-05-08, 08:01
Hi Bill

What a lovely post. really cheered me up this morning as I sit here before I leave for work. I spent last night crying to my hubby as I was convinced no one wanted to know me because I was a freak!! My words, no one else's.

I try so hard not to upset people at work and try to be everyone friend but feel that sometimes my anx gets in the way and what I'm trying to say doesn't come out quite right. Then I worry that the other person has took things the wrong way and obsess and worry. Meanwhile my passing comment has not even registered on the other person's scale. I then go back in full of apologies for the hurt I think I've caused only to be met with blank looks......That's why I think people must think I'm a freak. Omg why am I writing all this......sorry(there I go again lol).

Thanks for the post Bill. xx

thevoicewithinme
20-05-08, 08:57
Hello Bill :) What a fantastic post, I have to say it really made me sit and think about myself and I realise that I am all of the above and not the freak I keep telling myself.

Such a shame though that I can't have all those qualities and still be 'normal' whatever that maybe.

Kaz :hugs:

popsy
20-05-08, 09:33
Thank you Bill, im feeling v fragile today and you post has made me cry - but in a good way! Thank you :) xxx

lesleyB
20-05-08, 09:41
Hi Bill, I am all if those and feel different about myself now. When you wright it down like that you see it in a different way. I am now panicking because I am not sure I have spelt write correctley and when I went shopping yesterday had to stop and think if I walked or came in the car.:doh:
You are a star Bill.:yesyes:
Lesleyb