PDA

View Full Version : does anyone feel the same?

Dani_lou2603
20-05-08, 03:32
Hello everyone,

this site has been very helpful :)

only thing is reading through the symptoms i realised just how many of them i do suffer from and i wondered if anyone else suffered from so many...

dry mouth, choking feeling, dizziness, derealisation, shortness of breath/hyperventilation, Insomnia, headaches, uncontrollable shaking, sweating, nausea, loss of appetite, very fast heartbeat and chest pains, ringing in the ears, all i think about is that im going to die and nobody knows, always feel so tired, after a panic attack has subdued my muscles ache and i often suffer from quite severe cramp where i have been so tense.

after a panic attack the dizziness, derealisation, shortness of breath and insomnia can last a week or so :(

i look forward to any replies

thanks guys

Dani

Alisonj
20-05-08, 04:30
It depends on the severity of my attack. I can have attacks one after another for a day or more and the symptoms are insane. One thing after another and I am sure that I am not going to make it. I have been to the ER several times positive that I was having a heart attack. Anxiety and panic attacks are cruel and horrible things and unfortunately they can cause so many symptoms it truly is unbelivable. After a bad attack I can feel exhausted and out of it for a few days as well.
Are you on any meds at all?

Dani_lou2603
20-05-08, 04:48
Thank you for your reply :)

not i am not taking anything - more out of fear than anything else...

i think panic attacks are so underestimated by people who do not suffer i can not believe how much this is affecting me and there is nothing pyhisically wrong with me :(

xx

decca
20-05-08, 09:22
Hi,
Have either of you had CBT ? I was the same as you before I started my therapy.
I was diagnosed with worsening Angina last October and gradually developed panic and anxiety, it totally disabled me to the point that I was hardly able to do anything at all, almost afraid to move off of the sofa.
The therapy helped me realise that my symptoms were normal panic and anxiety and gradually I've been able to return to an almost normal life.
Best wishes,
Decca.