PDA

View Full Version : unbelievably bad panic morning

sazzles
20-05-08, 10:06
i woke up about 6am with a swollen hand(which felt like one) id been sleeping on it and it got all tingly n numb at the same time and felt like it was bigger than my whole body.i didnt freak too much because thats happened a lot b4,then it happened just a little while ago and i couldnt get rid of the tingly.i felt the blood like spurting up my arm,and i know if sumthing was serisouly wrong with my cirulation then something would have happened by now,but my hands went from being really red back to realllllly white and tinlgy like theres no blood in it.then my head went tingly n i FREAKED,i was drinking last nite so i know i could be more panicky today but of course i started thinking i was going to get a blood clot of some form,omg it's just been awful i cannot stop feeling bad.i have felt my body go through every stage of panic in space of half an hour. throat closing,tinglyhead,fear of death and collapsing,stomach churning,feeling sick,feeling like i cant breath.just everthing.i guess im just looking for some reassurance that it'll be o.k- the arm thing:( i look into things too much but surely lying on ure hand for a number of hours HAS to clot the blood in some way,ive just had a scare and have been proper freked out.i really needed to sleep today aswell but thats me all spooked now.HELPPPPPPP

Kate408
20-05-08, 12:52
I honestly don't know what it is, but if it was me, i'd call NHS direct or something just to put my mind at rest. They'll be able to call you back and let you know what it is. (that's assuming you're in the UK of course...dunno about other countries)
I'm sure nothing's wrong, but sometimes it's just easier to know for sure :)
xxxx

never2late
20-05-08, 13:44
Rough morning for sure, my friend. I don't think that sleeping on your hand and having it fall asleep will make blood clots, but you can always call like kate says above and feel reassured about it. Plan on a better day tomorrow.

veebee
22-05-08, 13:37
I've had tingling/numbness/crampy feeling a couple of times before and not just in my hand - my arm and leg has done it too. It happened out of the blue and I had never had it before but during a really bad anxiety spell. When it happened I also woke up breathing really heavily and not able to get my breath.

I'm pretty sure I've been lying in bed in a strange position and waking up with cramp has caused me to freak out - I'm fairly sure it was anxiety related.

sarah1981
08-07-08, 11:33
I've started getting this tingling/cramping sensation in the last four months. I get it in my arms and chest and is pretty scary but its due to anxiety.