PDA

View Full Version : Another newby!

road_runner32003
20-05-08, 12:53
Hi, i started having panic attacks 12 years ago after the birth of my second child, i went on anti-depressants for 3 years when i came off them for 1 year to have my third child. i went back on them for 7 years and came off them 9 weeks ago. I felt ok for the first 2 weeks then started getting the familiar feelings back again. I have been to the drs today who has put me back on anti-depressants as i'm having trouble going out or taking my child to school. I had even started to get panicky in the house which was really worrying because i hadn't felt like that before. I tell myself when it is happening that it will pass but still really difficult. I'm hoping to feel better once the tablets kick in! I've seen counsellors in the past but my concentration is really bad and found it hard to listen to them for long. I carry a bottle of water and a paper bag round with me which seems to help a little.

never2late
20-05-08, 13:22
Welcome to the forum road runner. Yes, it is sometimes easier said than done when telling oneself that "it will pass"!

juanna
20-05-08, 18:01
:welcome: I was new yesterday; & also suffer from anxiety although not related to chilbirth.. You'll find good support on here & might speak to you when we're allowed into the chatroom after five days i think... Bye for now :)

jesse08
20-05-08, 18:18
Hi Roadrunner, NMP is great for support, help, new friends and if you feel up to it, a little fun in the "Panic Break!" section.
:welcome:

belle
20-05-08, 18:26
Hi and welcome..
My panic attacks started while being pregnant.
Hope you find lots of advice and support here :)

x

kellie
20-05-08, 18:30
hiya, :welcome: to nmp, its lovely to have you here :D
you will get lots of support/advice /reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
take care:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
20-05-08, 19:40
welcome road runner,

nmp is a great site with loads of special people,

welcome hun

milly xx

chalky
20-05-08, 19:47
Hi Road Runner,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

leonard
20-05-08, 22:52
Hi road runner
Welcome to no panic

Lilith1980
20-05-08, 23:27
Hi Road Runner

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
21-05-08, 14:25
Hello Raodrunner And Welcome ..........i Wish Ya Well.......linda

thevoicewithinme
21-05-08, 15:00
Hello and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice here and also make lots of new friends along the way who truly understand how you feel.

Kaz

Southern_Belle
22-05-08, 00:33
Hi Road Runner,

:welcome: to the site. You will find that many here will know how you are feeling.

Hugs,

Laura