PDA

View Full Version : i had a cup of tea today!

henri
07-04-05, 23:11
hi everyone,
i know it sounds ridiculous, but this morning i had a cup of tea while sitting at my desk at work - my first cuppa of 2005 - and it made me so happy! my CBT bloke told me to cut out caffeine and alcohol - two of my favourite things in the whole world ever - and to be honest i haven't felt like either of them since my panic attacks started. i guess today was a sign that i have made progress and am slowly able to do things that are part of my 'normal' life, like go to work and have a cup of tea.
i have been feeling so much better in the last couple of weeks - i still have my blips, of course, but nothing nearly as bad as what i was experiencing three or four months ago. i think this site has been a huge emotional crutch and for that i am truly grateful.
anyway, i just wanted to share that with you all!
henri x

sal
07-04-05, 23:15
Hi Henri

Well done you, you achieved something that other people take for granted and dont realise how hard it is.

You sound to be doing great mate and i hope it carries on for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
07-04-05, 23:17
Well done Henri!! It must mean you're on the road to recovery (I still drink decaff).. :D

bluebottle
08-04-05, 04:56
Great news henri, just watch the amount of caffeine you take in as it is a stimulant, but you probably are well aware of that anyway. I also drink decaf and can't taste any difference personally.

Regards,

Blue
--
"I'm dancing through the fire, just to catch a flame -
an' feel real again "

http://workplacebullying.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

Karen
08-04-05, 05:34
You're doing well Henri. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

zena
08-04-05, 13:27
Well done Henri,

I to like my tea but have gone on to drink the herbal teas. I do think that I am alot better whilst drinking them, but, I do have to confess that I do go back to ordinary tea.

Keep doing what you are doing cause it looks like it helps.

with good wishes

Zena

Meg
08-04-05, 13:56
Henri,

I'm really pleased to read this.
Great news and progress.

Love

Meg