PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations as drifting off to sleep?

youaremysunshine
20-05-08, 20:40
I'm a little unsure whether it is definitely palpitations or ectopic beats...

But the other night just as I drifted off, nearly in dreamland, I had a thump. It jolted me awake. It also felt a little like I was going to throw up in my sleep because of the way it jolted my chest.. (But if I needed to throw up, I probably would have within 10 minutes). And because I get anxious very easily, I immediately had a thumping heart until I calmed down. Hell, even just thinking about this and looking it up gives me a speedy heart.

It felt like there was a pressure coming from the inside of my chest.

So I tried to get back to sleep when I calmed down. I drifted off to sleep almost 10 times, each time waking up with a thump. It came to the point I was too scared to sleep because my heart was scaring me. I read a little while, attempted to sleep but couldn't. I read my book until I could no longer see straight. (Past half 5 when I finally drifted to sleep)

(I've had this before, but it didn't last as long and it went away but the other night scared me)

I had it a few times last night also.

Has anyone had this before? Does this sound worrysome enough to see the doctors about it? I don't want to waste their time, nor get myself worked up. So if you were me, would you go to the doctors about this or not?

Thanks for any replies! x

amandaj
20-05-08, 20:54
hi i have this every single night , i had a ecg nothing wrong with my heart its so scary though you feel like about to die , all i can say is maybe pop to drs for reassurance at least, it def does sound like anxiety though good luck xx

youaremysunshine
20-05-08, 20:57
Well I can be very anxious, I know that. But I am quite calm, extremely tired, and welcoming a goodnights sleep so I don't get why I would get palpitations at that moment. Ah well. I'll have a check up just to make sure I guess.