PDA

View Full Version : ectopics at night! Laying awake listening to my heart!

seb_uk
20-05-08, 23:23
i feel like my ectopics are getting worse, i'm on beta blockers and for a while my heart seemed normal and there were no irregular beats, now it seams like i can't go more than a few seconds without my heart doing something funny,

I get all kinds of thumps, missed beats, pauses, irregular heart beats, it all leaves me very anxious. Does any one else get them all the time when they are laying down? Does any one have any tips for stopping them? I exercise often and try not to eat too much sugar or tea or coffee, i just want a period of time when i don't get then so i can sleep and break the cycle of fatigue!

Be good to hear from other people who get them all the time, and what people do to stop them?

Cathy V
20-05-08, 23:44
Hi Seb, yes ive been getting them more since taking beta blockers too. Ive always suffered with them over the years but usually for maybe a week or two then they disappear for months. But last summer my blood pressure was found to be high and because i also get migraines they gave me propranolol, 80mgs slow release daily.

Like you, i was fine on them at first, but then around march this year i started feeling a bit wierd, sort of breathless with no energy and could feel ectopics more regularly. So now i'm on another beta blocker called Bisoprolol at only 5mg. Don't feel so whacked on them (so far) but can still feel the ectopics though.

I feel them mostly if i lie on my left side for some reason, or if ive climed up a flight of stairs i can have a run of them, sort of fluttering. I even get them more in the winter when its really cold or if i get into a swimming pool and the waters cold! :shrug:

So you're not on your own with this ok? alot of ppl on nmp have them and it will help you understand them a bit more as you talk about them i'm sure.

What are the meds you take by the way?

Cathy :)

seb_uk
20-05-08, 23:49
i'm on bedranol at the moment, been taking them for a few months now, they are slow release as well. I don't know if i'm better off without then?

seb_uk
20-05-08, 23:52
i'm on bedranol at the moment, been taking them for a few months now, they are slow release as well. I don't know if i'm better off without them? I've had cbt as well! I'd do anything though to not have them any more?

Cathy V
20-05-08, 23:58
To be honest Seb, if it wasn't for the blood pressure thing, i'd be asking the doc to wean me off them. Don't stop taking them without telling your doc tho. I did try to come off the propranolol once and found i had withdrawal anx, but i think it was because 80mg is a fairly hefty dose. So I don't really want to increase the dose of the new ones from 5mg...hoping they will be ok and eventually come off these also, and onto something to control BP thats not a beta blocker. Theres loads of info on here about the meds and loads of ppl to give advise. Just ask ok?

cathy xxx:hugs:

Taloola
29-06-08, 09:46
:unsure:Hi Seb,
I know how you feel, tonight I have had a whole string of well I guess they were ectopic beats anyway my heart was going weird and I had to stand up and move around. I'm still after having them for about 18 years on and off really scared. I just hate being at work if they get bad I just want to go home to my family because I think I wont see them again, sounds extreme I know but I dont know if I will ever lose the fear completely they sneak up on you just when you think you are relaxed and happy, and seem to remind me that I arnt healthy I have a dodgy heart:scared15:

Taloola