PDA

View Full Version : Sound in chat rooms?

BeltaineInchy
21-05-08, 12:41
I'm trying to do a bi-weekly meditation for NMPers in chat on Wednesdays and Sundays (8pm GMT). I'm not a pro at this but I've lead a fair few meditations, if not strictly relaxations, for quite a few years.

I'm making an assumption here that the site owners have no problem with me doing this. Please tell me if you would rather I didn't.

Meditation works a lot better with visualisation. Most people find visualisation difficult with their eyes open so led meditations work a lot better if people have their eyes closed.

This is a bit of a problem when they have to read the type I'm flinging up. Can a room be sound enabled (preferably just for a single person)? I could then mike myself up and read the meditation instead and loose rules.

Assuming it can't is there any problem with the etiquet I am asking for in the room (note I create a new room for this - Inchy's Meditative Teepee):-

1) People don't mock the idea of meditation before the meditation starts and refrain from jokes/flirts etc.
2) People are recommended to turn off pm's and notifications of people entering or leaving the room
3) During the meditation (from the set start time to when the meditation closes) anyone speaking will simply be ejected from the room. Following a typed meditation is hard enough without people even saying something as simple as "Hello"

That's it really ... please say that there can be sound :D

Inchy
/|\

juanna
21-05-08, 21:54
I don't know if you can have sound but just thought i'd say i like your idea of meditation.. Hope it works out and if it does i'll be there..:)

nomorepanic
21-05-08, 22:10
There is no way you can have sound or voice on the existing chat room for you I am afraid.