PDA

View Full Version : why does it start so suddenly?

cassi23
21-05-08, 13:37
I've been thinking and i can remember times during uni/before i had baby where i felt anxious/panic attacks but never really bothered me.

When i was in hospital post birth, i had quite severe anaemia and my blood wasnt tested before i nearly passed out,the test they then did reveled this.
It made me feel awful, basically panic/anxiety symptoms and i honestly thought i was going to die.

Since then iv suffered with anxiety/panic and particularly health anx. Why cant it go away adn leave me alone.

Just wonderin if anyone else knows why theirs started etc.

cassi xxx

Liverbird67
21-05-08, 13:54
Hiya Cassie

I think basically you have hit the nail on the head,I have developed these attacks when I have had for want of a better word the fright of my life, I can relate to exactly how you are feeling after the birth of my last child I nearly passed out and I think I had a panic attack, thought I was going to die etc more due to the fact that my other two births had been ok short labours etc etc. no stitches anyway to cut a long story short I went onto to develop severe post natal depression lost my job and didn't feel right for about 5 - 6 years.

However I went onto to get a better job it improved and I managed to put it all behind me until Xmas/February of this year when I nearly fainted in work I think it was possibly the flu or some sort of viral thing with hindsight, one thing I did notice was that I was under a terrific amount of stress both at home and at work (work related stress, managers refusing to resolve issues etc) I have been off work ever since I have a meeting today with senior managers as my note runs out at the end of the month I think I will probably go back to work
I think stress causes a lot of it and sometimes we don't realise just how much stress we are under panic attacks I think are the minds way of making you sit up and take notice and say hey enoughs enough you need to stop and take stock here!
I know health anxiety is the worst in the world hun, but have a good luck around the site and go onto the health anxiety forums there are lots of people out there whom are all going through the same thing, sometimes it is good to talk and sometimes dare I say it you can laugh about it.

Lots of love

Debbie

marie1974
21-05-08, 13:57
hi ya sometimes having a baby can tigger anxiety and panic especially if there are complications and so on, i too lostalot of blood with my first and almost needed a transfusion but in the end i didnt but i lost 2 pints and was very anaemic and he was born a month early too. i suffered anxiety after that health wise and then had pnd but did not realise i had it then this was 11 yrs ago and i kind of just got on with life, then 2 and half yrs later i had my 2nd son and i had pnd again really bad and needed prozac. then 4 yrs ago i had my daughter and had no pnd and everything was fine, so its funny how the body plays up sometimes, but i was alot calmer this time and more relaxed mayb thats why

charmain24
21-05-08, 20:28
im not sure what triggered my panic attacks off i remember giving birth to my first son and i remember thinking i was dying. 10 weeks later we was getting on a flight to tenerife and i had a feeling of terror i felt sick shakey giddy thought i was dying cudnt understand this as i have flew before. then i didnt have anymore until i was stressing myself out over my mother inlaw and evertime i was on my way to her house i would have a panic attack and i have now suffered with them 5 years i think most anxiety and panic comes from stress x

Bill
22-05-08, 03:44
Since then iv suffered with anxiety/panic and particularly health anx.

"Why cant it go away adn leave me alone."

Because "you" won't let it. It stays because it frightens you so you keep thinking about it and the more you think about it, the worse you feel, the more it won't leave you alone.

It'll only leave you alone when "you" let it by allowing yourself to stop thinking about it and dwelling on it by becoming no longer afraid of it.

We create our own panics by dwelling on frightening thoughts based on frightening feelings. If you take your mind away from a worrying thought, the panics don't happen.

Have you tried counselling?:hugs: